Sprint Repair Center Scam?

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
A few months ago, my wife cracked the screen on her Epic, so we took it in to a Sprint Repair Center Store. They said they would replace the screen for free if we bought $100 worth of accessories, but would not fix it for the standard $35. A couple weeks ago, I broke the screen on my Evo, and they again told me the same thing.

When I called Sprint, the rep said they'd never heard of this. I also asked at another store, and they said hadn't heard of it either.

Has anyone else heard of this? If not, who should I report this to?

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard of that myself.....had the screen replaced on my EVO twice and had issues with my hdmi port twice, and it was always, "no problem, we'll take care of that for you".....of course I am paying that $7 a month insurance fee for all 4 of my lines....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dvin211

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
A few months ago, my wife cracked the screen on her Epic, so we took it in to a Sprint Repair Center Store. They said they would replace the screen for free if we bought $100 worth of accessories, but would not fix it for the standard $35. A couple weeks ago, I broke the screen on my Evo, and they again told me the same thing.

When I called Sprint, the rep said they'd never heard of this. I also asked at another store, and they said hadn't heard of it either.

If they really said that, you need to call executive services, report them, and demand a resolution. 703-433-4401. You won't get an automated answer; a service representative should answer the phone within a couple of rings. Let me know how it goes.

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is an indirect sales scam. What's worse is that I'm sure hundreds of other people have been hit by this. For those of you curious, its a Minneapolis store located at:

7531 France Ave, Edina, MN 55435

moe300

May 17, 2011
Visit site

You need to find out the name and contact info for your district manager and contact them.

We have the same issue here in Iowa City, as the only service and repair store is an indirect store. On many occasions I have had issues with them not wanting to replace defective Palm Pre's and Palm Pixi's. The last time I was in there, I saw a COMPANY memo sitting on the counter and I read the whole thing. It basically said do whatever you can to NOT replace a phone for esrp customers. It stated the replacement rates for certain stores were too high and it was cutting their bottom line to some effect. The store in particular is an indirect dealer called iMobile. They SCAM SCAM SCAM. They have conned folks into using their upgrade so the store doesn't have to replace a defective phone for esrp customers! I have seen in first hand, and I finally had enough of their BS and sent an email to the district manager for my area. The sad thing is, we have a nice sprint corporate store right up the street and they took away the repair center so the only choice we have here is to go to this scammer imobile store. I stood my ground with them and they definitely had to eat crow. I say again, report the scamming sob's!

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling 703-433-4401, but that number is no longer active. I then called sprint, and they said they would "report" the incident, but could do nothing about the money I spent, and did not have the phone number for anything dealing with corporate stores. Instead I was told to go back to the store and ASK for the number of the district manager. Why on earth would the store provide me with the district manager's phone number if they're already running a scam? Ridiculous.

How much have you had to pay to fix a cracked screen in the past?

Dvin211

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling 703-433-4401, but that number is no longer active. I then called sprint, and they said they would "report" the incident, but could do nothing about the money I spent, and did not have the phone number for anything dealing with corporate stores. Instead I was told to go back to the store and ASK for the number of the district manager. Why on earth would the store provide me with the district manager's phone number if they're already running a scam? Ridiculous.

How much have you had to pay to fix a cracked screen in the past?

My apologies, I'm trying to find out the new number now.