No early upgrade for me:(

bmxracer240

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
A chat I had with Sprint today:

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: none. just checking the price of the hotspot feature
Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Jessica: I would be glad to assist you regarding HotSpot prices.
Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. That way, you'll still see this web page while we chat. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.
Jessica: Simply click on the white "Yes" button below and we can continue.
Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat. Just to check, are you currently a Sprint customer?
You: yes i am
Jessica: That’s great to hear!
Jessica: Are you looking the service for mobile or home.
Jessica: ?*
You: well im considering using it at home but there is no 4g at my location
Jessica: HotSpot service is also compatible with 3G coverage.
You: have you heard of any time frame as to when we might see 4g in Janesville, Wi 53545?
Jessica: There’s a page that will allow you to sign up to receive email updates about Sprint’s 4G service availability. Please Click Here to see the page.
Jessica: You’ll be able to sign up to receive email updates including when Sprint 4G becomes available in the areas shown, information on other products, services and special offers from Sprint, and the latest news and updates about Sprint’s 4G service.
You: I did that a while ago.
Jessica: I am sorry but we don't have exact information on the 4G.
Jessica: Sprint is working on getting 4G in all of the USA as soon a s possible.
Jessica: How are things coming along?
You: good.
Jessica: Good to hear that.
You: i have an evo 4g now but would love to upgrade to the evo 3d
Jessica: I would be glad to check you upgrade eligibility.
Jessica: To confirm your eligibility for an upgrade, may I please have your phone number and billing ZIP code? If you would like to check your upgrade eligibility status in the future, you can visit www.sprint.com/upgrades.
Jessica: May I have your phone number and billing zip code to check your upgrade eligibility?
You: my number is ***-***-**** zip is *****. i just ot the Evo 4G in dec as an upgrade so i'm not due for quite a while...unless you can do something about that ;)
Jessica: Thank you. One moment and I will check that for you
Jessica: Thank you for holding.
Jessica: Sorry, but you are not eligible for upgrade savings at this time. You'll be eligible for full upgrade saving of $150 on 10/01/2012.
You: not as good as if i could get an upgrade
Jessica: I do understand your concern but upgrade eligibility depends on your contract.
Jessica: Are you still with me?
You: still here.
You: that evo 3d is a nice piece of hardware
Jessica: Yes, It is a good phone.
You: have you had a chance to mess with it yet?
Jessica: I am sorry but we haven't used it personally. However, it is the best non-smartphone available.
You: wait...it's a non-smartphone?
Jessica: Yes, It is a non-smartphone.
You: What makes it a non-smartphone? I thought it was a smartphone?
Jessica: Phones without operating system are called non-smartphones.
You: I thought the Evo 3D was an Android phone. Am I mistaken?
Jessica: HTC EVO 3D is a smartphone.
Jessica: The EVO 3D is the first device with two 5MP cameras and 3D technology which do not require you to wear anything to experience 3D.
Jessica: HTC EVO 3D is available with 2.3 android operating system.
You: well i would feel a little weird experiencing the 3D technology without clothes on but if you say it's ok then I believe you.
Jessica: Thank you very much.
Jessica: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
You: i think i'm ok. Thank you. Unless you can pull some strings on that early upgrade :)
Jessica: I am sorry but we are not authorized to make any kind of changes in price and promotions. I think you do understand my limitations.
You: I do. I have my limitations as well. Like seafood on a first date. Definite no-no.
Jessica: Thank you for understanding.
Jessica: Are there any other questions I can help with?
You: not today

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint.
Jessica: We value your opinion and would appreciate if you can take a moment to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. Click Here To Start The Survey.
Jessica: Please be sure to disable all your popup blockers before exiting the chat session to ensure you are able to participate.
Jessica: Thank you for your patience. Take Care!

Last edited:

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Look if your upgrade is not till October 2012 then it sounds like you have not hit your 1 year mark. Wait until you hit your 1 year mark then they will give it to you.

Last edited:

bmxracer240

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Um Yeah. I do know how to count. I titled it incorrectly. I was a bit more concerned with the "non-smartphone" statement she made. I was on there looking at the difference between the charge for the Hotspot on the Evo 4G and a tablet data plan. I just happened to drum up convo on the Evo 3D and thought I would bug her for a REALLY early upgrade fully knowing it wasn't gonna happen. Sorry I inconvenienced you. On a lighter note...I updated my profile and prl 15 min ago and my Yahoo email is now working in the native HTC mail app!! Rejoice!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Jessica is a chat bot lol. Once you sign in to your Sprint account, look for chat in the upper right hand corner and you will chat with a human

sent from my OG EVO

BerryChoppy

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

Jessica: The EVO 3D is the first device with two 5MP cameras and 3D technology which do not require you to wear anything to experience 3D.
You: well i would feel a little weird experiencing the 3D technology without clothes on but if you say it's ok then I believe you.

haha best part of the chat. Thanks for the laughs jessica ;)

meangreenstebo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: none. just checking the price of the hotspot feature
Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
Jessica: I would be glad to assist you regarding HotSpot prices.
Jessica: Let's move this chat and make it a window of its own. That way, you'll still see this web page while we chat. Please click 'Yes' to move it now.
Jessica: Simply click on the white "Yes" button below and we can continue.
Jessica: Thank you for moving the chat. Just to check, are you currently a Sprint customer?
You: yes i am
Jessica: That?s great to hear!
Jessica: Are you looking the service for mobile or home.
Jessica: ?*
You: well im considering using it at home but there is no 4g at my location
Jessica: HotSpot service is also compatible with 3G coverage.
You: have you heard of any time frame as to when we might see 4g in Janesville, Wi 53545?
Jessica: There?s a page that will allow you to sign up to receive email updates about Sprint?s 4G service availability. Please Click Here to see the page.
Jessica: You?ll be able to sign up to receive email updates including when Sprint 4G becomes available in the areas shown, information on other products, services and special offers from Sprint, and the latest news and updates about Sprint?s 4G service.
You: I did that a while ago.
Jessica: I am sorry but we don't have exact information on the 4G.
Jessica: Sprint is working on getting 4G in all of the USA as soon a s possible.
You: good.
Jessica: Good to hear that.
You: i have an evo 4g now but would love to upgrade to the evo 3d
Jessica: I would be glad to check you upgrade eligibility.
Jessica: To confirm your eligibility for an upgrade, may I please have your phone number and billing ZIP code? If you would like to check your upgrade eligibility status in the future, you can visit www.sprint.com/upgrades.
Jessica: May I have your phone number and billing zip code to check your upgrade eligibility?
You: my number is ***-***-**** zip is *****. i just ot the Evo 4G in dec as an upgrade so i'm not due for quite a while...unless you can do something about that ;)
Jessica: Thank you. One moment and I will check that for you
Jessica: Thank you for holding.
Jessica: Sorry, but you are not eligible for upgrade savings at this time. You'll be eligible for full upgrade saving of $150 on 10/01/2012.
You: not as good as if i could get an upgrade
Jessica: I do understand your concern but upgrade eligibility depends on your contract.
Jessica: Are you still with me?
You: still here.
You: that evo 3d is a nice piece of hardware
Jessica: Yes, It is a good phone.
You: have you had a chance to mess with it yet?
Jessica: I am sorry but we haven't used it personally. However, it is the best non-smartphone available.
You: wait...it's a non-smartphone?
Jessica: Yes, It is a non-smartphone.
You: What makes it a non-smartphone? I thought it was a smartphone?
Jessica: Phones without operating system are called non-smartphones.
You: I thought the Evo 3D was an Android phone. Am I mistaken?
Jessica: HTC EVO 3D is a smartphone.
Jessica: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
You: i think i'm ok. Thank you. Unless you can pull some strings on that early upgrade :)
Jessica: I am sorry but we are not authorized to make any kind of changes in price and promotions. I think you do understand my limitations.
You: I do. I have my limitations as well. Like seafood on a first date. Definite no-no.
Jessica: Thank you for understanding.
Jessica: Are there any other questions I can help with?
You: not today

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans from Sprint.
Jessica: We value your opinion and would appreciate if you can take a moment to respond to a brief survey about your chat experience. Click Here To Start The Survey.
Jessica: Please be sure to disable all your popup blockers before exiting the chat session to ensure you are able to participate.
Jessica: Thank you for your patience. Take Care!

Hey fellow EVO dude - check out this thread. Sprint wants people to switch to the 3D - you just have to go to the right Customer Service Dept:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/95333-want-eligible-upgrade-e3d-just-email-sprint.html

IP IHI II IL

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
No way I'm upgrading if all that hardware, and upgraded Android makes it a dumb phone... WTH? Just goes to show what kind of customer service is provided after outsourcing... That's the best non-smart support ever!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk