Dell Streak or HTC EVO

vuvision

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been eyeing the HTC EVO pretty hard as late, I think it's the high bar & the smartphone to beat at the moment.

I've been a die hard customer with T-Mo for over 6 yrs, and was the early adopter standing in line to snap up the G1 on launch date. The HTC EVO is the only worth while phone that got me excited enough to jump ship to Sprint to replace my long on the tooth rooted G1. That is until today with this latest rumor of Dell Mini 5/Streak is coming to T-Mobile.

All things being equal, I would rather stay with T-Mo ... a Streak vs. EVO hands on review comparo write up would be nice.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been eyeing the HTC EVO pretty hard as late, I think it's the high bar & the smartphone to beat at the moment.

I've been a die hard customer with T-Mo for over 6 yrs, and was the early adopter standing in line to snap up the G1 on launch date. The HTC EVO is the only worth while phone that got me excited enough to jump ship to Sprint to replace my long on the tooth rooted G1. That is until today with this latest rumor of Dell Mini 5/Streak is coming to T-Mobile.

All things being equal, I would rather stay with T-Mo ... a Streak vs. EVO hands on review comparo write up would be nice.

All the reviews I've seen so far they were not impressed with the Streak and its not even in the same league as the HTC EVO but I can understand your not wanting to switch carriers but I doubt Dell is going to really come out with a good phone there first time around where as HTC has been making phones for years.

vuvision

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
All the reviews I've seen so far they were not impressed with the Streak and its not even in the same league as the HTC EVO but I can understand your not wanting to switch carriers but I doubt Dell is going to really come out with a good phone there first time around where as HTC has been making phones for years.
Really? The hands on reviews that I read were fairly favorable, even though the tested hardware was pre-production with pre-released firmware.

Engadget was the first to get their hands on this device for a thorough review and gave the device high mark.

Btw, the mini 5/Streak is not Dell's first phone, they have already two Android phones released in China. Anyone can slap a radio in a PDA and turn it into a phone, but not too many can make a decent PDA. Dell has a long history of making PDA.

Anyhoo, I think both the EVO & Streak are excellent devices. I would like to see a complete specification of the Streak for comparison. Plus, Dell's partnership with Amazon for the integration of Kindle to the Streak is very enticing to me.

dellmini5dock02192010.jpg

dellstreakcontentpartners.jpg

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Never switch carriers for a phone. T-Mo will get the love from a monster phone shortly I'm sure.

I'll bet Google releases the Moto Shadow (Nexus 2?) on T-Mo first.

vuvision

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Almost forgot about the Moto Shadow/N2, I haven't heard any substantial scoops on this phone for a while. This was dubbed as a business phone with 4.3" of glass and a qwerty kb, bundled in a 9 mm thick package. Looks good on paper and I'll be first in line to get this phone if it's available on t-mo (although I'm not feeling the love for the lanyard loop, albeit conceptual rendering).

motorola_shadow_nexus_two_leak_1-540x283.jpg

motorola_shadow_nexus_two_leak_2-540x255.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995