LInk to Skype App w/ Video Calling Enabled for EVO 4G

User One

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When creating a Skype account and it says "please include country code" for your number, what does that mean? And it won't accept "1".

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Finally! Does portrait mode work for anybody? Incoming video stays in landscape ...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The audio only seems to work. I've tried a video call to the echo test service, and it immediately switches to landscape mode and doesn't do much more. Not really sure if I can actually do a video call to the echo service... guess I need more friends. lol

Sideman7

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Works good but would not work from evo 4g to macbook. Has anybody tried to skype to macbook with success?

Works fine here on WiFi. Unless you have Wifi or 4G your success may be limited since the upload speeds (and download speeds in some areas) are way too slow to support video.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Tested with EVO to my dad on windows. both had video enabled. worked flawlessly. audio good. video great. was on wifi. id reccomend a good wifi or 4G for best experience.

IanMcB

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The audio only seems to work. I've tried a video call to the echo test service, and it immediately switches to landscape mode and doesn't do much more. Not really sure if I can actually do a video call to the echo service... guess I need more friends. lol

Did you ever get it to work? Mine did the same thing the couple of times I tried it. I thought it might have something to do with the ROM I am running (Vaelpak AOSP)?

ovdevil

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever get it to work? Mine did the same thing the couple of times I tried it. I thought it might have something to do with the ROM I am running (Vaelpak AOSP)?

I had the same problem with no video,signed out of skype on my computer then signed on with my phone and the video works.Can't have both signed in at the same time,something to do with the web cams.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't get it to work on my rooted EVO running CM7. I'm sitting on my network here in front of my PC (me signed in on the phone, wife signed in on the PC).

I just get a black screen on my phone and the camera never initializes (on the PC, it just shows the caller (i.e. the phone) just spinning). Tried switching to the back camera, with the same thing.

Then after signing out on the phone, I get a Skype Force Close message.

Anyone else have it working under CM7?

koolhand79

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work on my rooted EVO running CM7. I'm sitting on my network here in front of my PC (me signed in on the phone, wife signed in on the PC).

I just get a black screen on my phone and the camera never initializes (on the PC, it just shows the caller (i.e. the phone) just spinning). Tried switching to the back camera, with the same thing.

Then after signing out on the phone, I get a Skype Force Close message.

Anyone else have it working under CM7?

Same problem here for me, im running cm7.1. Im glad it wasnt something i was doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon