Root for Boost Mobile Version

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Couple of guys over at androidforums.com have a successful clockwork mod and root for the Boost Mobile version of the Design 4G. There's also clockwork mod for the Sprint version too.
Clockwork Mod thread------> original link down new one posted below by lifelinepc and joshua.worth
Root file to flash from clockwork-----> http://androidforums.com/evo-design-all-things-root/562206-working-cwm-root-zip.html
No one has tried the root zip on the Sprint version yet, and you need to unlock your bootloader from HTC's website to install clockwork recovery.
Included some instructions below in my next post.

Edit: Alternate Root method here http://androidforums.com/evo-design-all-things-root/567478-root-stock-rooted-rom-no-cwm-required.html
NO CWM NEEDED!

Last edited:

jellem

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
what a|m I doing wrong with this bootloader unlocking? It just hands on waiting for device. All of my drivers up dated. Does S need to be Off.. t still says locked and when I am in my hboot it jut hangs there.

Let me give you my info, ALL of the drivers are installed and when the phone is in HBOOT I get both hboot usb and fastboot usb ..
Android 4.0.3
Sense 3.6
Software - 1.05.653.371ORD
PRI_Version 3.42_150
PRL 61008

I have been having some network issues. I followed all the steps for htcdev to a tee and for some reason it just hands there saying "waiting for device" Any information you guys can help me with would be greatly appreciate. I had rooted a few phones already. The Evo, Attain, Nexus

Last edited:

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
In your HBoot menu you should have:
FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

First download and install the HTC Sync drivers from here HTC Sync
Second unlock your boot loader by registering an account here and choosing the Evo Design Sprint model then click begin unlock bootloader HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader
Follow the instructions they give to unlock your bootloader.
Third get the CWM recovery from here http://2fastroms.com/showthread.php?5330-Recovery-Clockworkmod-5-0-2-8-For-HTC-Design-4G-amp-HeroS-%28aka-Kingdom%29&p=13065#post13065
Download the PH44IMG.zip file and put it on your SD card on the phone, DO NOT UNZIP IT! Reboot the phone and hold down Power and Volume Down keys until the HTC hboot screen comes up.... the rest is automatic by the phone.
Now remove the PH44IMG.zip from your SD card or else hboot will install it everytime you boot into it, then simply download the file Zombu2 made at http://androidforums.com/evo-design-all-things-root/562206-working-cwm-root-zip.html where it says "Grab the CWM Zip file from HERE or use the MIRROR" and put it on your SD card then reboot holding down power and volume up, you should be in CWM recovery.... choose install zip from SD card and use volume down or up to navigate to the file you downloaded and press power to choose it, confirm installation then wait. Reboot and enjoy your rooted phone.
That's pretty much it I think.

Last edited:

jellem

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get past the bootloader unlocking, I do everything thing they say but I didnt just notice it says I need a hboot update? my HBOOT is 1.3.000

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get past the bootloader unlocking, I do everything thing they say but I didnt just notice it says I need a hboot update? my HBOOT is 1.3.000
Try going to settings in the phone and choose System Updates then HTC Software update.... maybe that will update your HBoot, I know they released an update for this phone and maybe thats what it was.

Edit: Just checked my HBoot it is the same 1.3 version as yours

jellem

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
It just hands there for ever saying "waiting for device" but all of my drivers are installed, is there something I am missing ? What about the * it had for hboot needed to be updated

jellem

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I always t hrough the htc software updates may mess t hings up .. I know when boost pushed the update for the marquee no one could get them to root

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It just hands there for ever saying "waiting for device" but all of my drivers are installed, is there something I am missing ? What about the * it had for hboot needed to be updated

Weird..... I got the same HBoot version and didn't have an issue. Try uninstalling all drivers and then installing the HTC Sync drivers, only idea I have unless someone with more knowledge than me comes along.

dpollard55

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Let me give you my info, ALL of the drivers are installed and when the phone is in HBOOT I get both hboot usb and fastboot usb ..
Android 4.0.3
Sense 3.6
Software - 1.05.653.371ORD
PRI_Version 3.42_150
PRL 61008

Just compared my info to yours the only difference is the software version, mine is 1.10.653.271ORD so that must be what the update is.

lifelinepc

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
If you still have the image file or know were to get it that would be great I just went through the process of unlocking my bootloader just to find out that the link had been takin down from android forums

lifelinepc

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
ok it is not working for me i have done everything and still no root i have my recovery log file i can send to you if you can help never had any problems like this before my email is lifelinepc at live dot com

Starting recovery on Mon Jun 18 06:08:51 2012
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 3 (540 x 960)
2FS kingdom CWM Recovery v5.0.2.8
recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)
1 /recovery emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 (null)
2 /boot emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p22 (null)
3 /cache ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28 (null)
4 /data ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 (null)
5 /sd-ext ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 (null)
6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /dev/block/mmcblk1
7 /system ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26 (null)
8 /wimax emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 (null)
9 /misc emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p17 (null)

W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /datadata during fstab generation!
W:Unable to get recovery.fstab info for /emmc during fstab generation!
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:processing arguments.
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"

ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
ro.build.display.id=htc_kingdom-eng 2.3.7 GINGERBREAD eng.home.20120615.075316 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.home.20120615.075316
ro.build.version.sdk=10
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.7
ro.build.date=Fri Jun 15 07:54:03 EDT 2012
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=home
ro.build.host=home-EP45-UD3R
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=ADR6350
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=htc_kingdom
ro.product.device=kingdom
ro.product.board=kingdom
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=HTC
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=msm7x30
ro.build.product=kingdom
ro.build.description=htc_kingdom-eng 2.3.7 GINGERBREAD eng.home.20120615.075316 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/htc_kingdom/kingdom:2.3.7/GINGERBREAD/eng.home.20120615.075316:eng/test-keys
ro.cm.device=kingdom
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
debug.fb.rgb565=0
ro.gsm.2nd_data_retry_config=max_retries=3, 2000, 2000, 2000
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-GCC=999,112,997
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-WWE=999
ro.ril.ecc.HTC-ELL=92,93,94
ro.ril.enable.a52.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a53.HTC-ITA=1
ro.ril.enable.a52=0
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.disable.fd.plmn.prefix=23402,23410,23411
ro.ril.enable.sdr=1
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=0
ro.ril.enable.dtm=0
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=10
ro.ril.hsupa.category=6
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.telephony.default_network=0
wifi.interface=eth0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
mobiledata.interfaces=gannet0,rmnet0,rmnet1,rmnet2
ro.opengles.version=131072
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
ro.ril.def.agps.mode=2
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1
ro.ril.update.org.acoustic=1
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4094,87380,393216,4096,16384,110208
net.change=net.bt.name
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.factorytest=0
ro.serialno=HT24WMB05784
ro.bootmode=recovery
ro.baseband=1.11.00.0418_2
ro.carrier=COMMON
ro.bootloader=1.30.0000
ro.hardware=kingdom
ro.revision=2
ro.emmc=1
init.svc.choice_fn=stopped
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.htcbatt=stopped
init.svc.adbd=running
ro.9kramdump=0

I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...

Sent from my HTC EVO Design™ 4G from Boost Mobile

jeff62844

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if you've had any success since it's been several days, but I had similar issues. I tried two times to no avail, but I did two things before the third try and it worked for some reason:

1). Factory reset--I had done the OTA update and thought this might remove it, but it didn't, so that may not have been what worked.
2). Used a USB 2.0 cable instead of a USB 3.0 cable--I was having issues just connecting my phone in the first place in my 3.0 slot, and the 2.0 seems to work better.

Also, I am still having issues with the process if anyone is in a helpful mood: I have successfully unlocked my bootloader and (apparently) flashed the CWM image, but I cannot boot into CWM after I have done so. I've tried re-flashing CWM, but nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*EDIT: I finally got mine to work. Apparently, there is a problem with the current version of the Boost version from that forum. I had to d/l that version as well as the older version for all Kingdom variants (it ends in .2.7), then I had to take the android-info.txt file from the new one, place it in the old version, rezip and apply. I still can't get into CWM from the vol up + power coldboot, but I can get in by going into hboot and selecting recovery from there.

Last edited:

lifelinepc

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I did finally get root via the link above Credit to Apache Thunder but my CWM recovery still does not work I can get into CWM through HBOOT or through any quickboot app but i cannot flash anything to my device via the clockworkmod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12