Horrible battery life, thinking of selling

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I know our phones aren't wslhats considered mainstream and are the times I bought the phone in Washington happy to have a more portable phone over my og evo but the battery life is just horrible, completely horrible and im thinking of selling and getting a gs3.

What's your opinion of this phone?

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Nexus S 4G, and let me tell Yeh, this phone is like a god send to me. The NS4G had horrible battery life compared to the design. that, along with with the TERRIBLE GPS, is the reason I traded for the Design. With minimal use and nothing in the background, I can get a whole days worth of battery life. When I'm undercover at work, and I have to constantly call and text my partner, I end the day with about 30% battery life but I HEAVILY use the phone. :)

You might want to check or adjust your settings. Maybe start using the task manager app if you haven't already.

Sent from my HTC EVO Design 4G using Android Central Forums App

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Design is slated to get ICS, which I expect will greatly improve battery life. It is a great overall phone that hopefully gets much better with the update. Nothing else decent on Sprint has intl capability. Sooner would be better for ICS.

Jersey856

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the Design has acceptable battery life and is an excellent phone, however the S3 is a major upgrade, so if you can afford it then buy it.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is somewhat improved but I'm still free to upgrade and im wondering the longer I keep this phone the least I'll get for it. For what I see now I can barely get 150 for it used on ebay but I bought it for 180 off Craigslist so im not losing much.
It's a great little phone, good reception, great_white building quality and more but maybe I'm regretting getting a phone that's not even popular or have a large development community behind it.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is somewhat improved but I'm still free to upgrade and im wondering the longer I keep this phone the least I'll get for it. For what I see now I can barely get 150 for it used on ebay but I bought it for 180 off Craigslist so im not losing much.
It's a great little phone, good reception, great_white building quality and more but maybe I'm regretting getting a phone that's not even popular or have a large development community behind it.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Get yourself a Galaxy Nexus

Hero S ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I think unless you can't stand your Design you should wait for the official ICS update in the next few weeks. And then see what Google announces for the next nexus phone this fall. Not that far away now.

It is a great overall phone and you would notice a real downgrade in all radios with the current CDMA nexus. It needs much better WiFi, 3G and GPS reception.

Sent via EVO LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech