Has anyone successfully rooted the Evo Design

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to root my Evo Design and had no success so far. I downloaded the HTC drivers and installed them on my PC, downloaded the htcsupertoolv3 and extracted it and ran the .exe file; even got the colourful flashing screen saying ROOTED but the phone is still not rooted according to the root checker apps. Also, the wifi exploit doesn't work.

About my phone:
Software version: 3.14.651.0.710RD
Android version: 4.0.3
HTC sense: 3.6

Anyone has actually succeeded in rooting this phone? If so, please post detailed steps please!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't. Root works on all carriers.

Unlock bootloader, flash recovery.img in hboot, flash su binary, install busybox and superuser, enjoy.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

xofnnelg

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
There is no "one click" methods to root this phone but the way lolinternet isn't really that hard just make sure you follow the directions carefully

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

thealmost

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I rootrd my boost design 4g just an hour ago... I'm syked google search evo design boost mobile root and look for thread named stock its rooted.. or something... If you want recovery ur going to need SDK installed and hi updated ok ok n ur pc fastboot flash recovery recovery.IMG

Search google

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums

ronski2000

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I need to know who rooted their Evo Design after the ICS update and for that person to say how it is done and confirm they are using a rooted Evo Design post ICS update.

dpfaz59

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes I don't really want a experimental ROM with some features not working, just su so I can run backup and restore and rename the .ogg for my camera sound. :cool:

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
English only please! I have no idea what a hboot is or how to flash a su, or any of that stuff. I followed the steps I found online but it doesn't work.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Need to sell this phone and get something else it needs to be rooted or just ditched its way to slow to use stock.

PiMPiN93927

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If your asking about a hboot or how to flash a su you really shouldnt be trying to root your phone until you have better understanding of what can go wrong and how to fix it. I say read threw the forums and the about rooting section first then root cause its pretty basic stuff and ived rooted about 3 evo designs and never had any problem with the rooting process.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The rooting process is pretty easy if you take the time to actually read about it. We don't have a simple one click root, because we really don't need it. The process is pretty straight forward. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, flash su binary, install superuser apk, install busybox apk, and bam. You're rooted.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

anon(894603)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok so if it is so easy, is it slowing down the phone because I've heard a lot of negative feedback from people who rooted their phone and has the ics update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac