Backdoor Hot Spot?

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Curious... Asking for someone else, not myself... Is there a way to use the hotspot feature on the Evo Design for Boost without paying the extra $10 a month. I told him that he would possibly have to root it to get it to work that way. Not 100% sure, so I'm asking.

~??>Sent from my HTC Evo Design<??~

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Uh?huh, for a friend ;)
Download the app foxfi from the android market, it's free and doesn't need root, if you have sprint you'll need to download it off Google because srint blocked it

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no use for hotspot.. no other wireless devices in my house and have home wifi for phones and guests. Its for Boost, which is off Sprint.. I will pass on the info to him. Thank you.

~??>Sent from my HTC Evo Design<??~

lyrrad85z

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I can get the hot spot to work, but how can I allow my old galaxy prevail to connect to the network? is like to be able to give the prevail to my ol'lady so she had something to do when I'm ignoring her with my nose in my new htc...
is there an app that will allow my old prevail to connect to the adhoc network of my HTC hotspot?

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
WiFi tether for root users let's you do all this for free, but you as the name of the app clearly states, you have to be rooted.

Also, after installing the app you have to go to the apps settings and select generic ICS under profile then enable mms clamping and routing fix.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol