Can't get "SD card unexpectedly removed" message to go away

Jason Bagley

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed there are two kinds of "notices". Ones that are like warnings, updates, or whatever, and notifications. It's easy to get rid of notification--just swipe and it's gone. But these other notices won't go away, and most particularly I can't get rid of the one that ways "SD card unexpectedly removed" which happened two days ago. I did remove the SD card without unmounting it (but while the phone was off). That's when the message showed up. From what I know, that shouldn't have happened. This message has refused to go away. I can't swipe it away, and clicking on it does absolutely nothing. Since then, I have unmounted my SD card, inserted a new one, and unmounted that one and put in the original. This message STILL won't go away. It never "pops up" again, as I've heard happening to others, the message just won't "go away". Any help? I'd love to stop having it tell me this--I already know that I shouldn't unmount the thing.

Oh, and so no one gets confused, my card is not unmounting itself. It's always there, so no problems on that front. I just can't get the stupid message to go away.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Try rebooting. Since I'm fairly certain you've already tried that, try booting into recovery and wiping dalvik cache, then fix permissions. I'm not sure if that'll have any effect, but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't work, backup your sdcard to your computer, then format it in settings. If that doesn't work, try formatting it in recovery.

If none of that works, then I'm not sure what else to try other than flashing back to stock and starting fresh. It's a pain to do all that, so exhaust every other option first.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

Jason Bagley

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why, but turning it off and turning it on using the power menu didn't work. But the restart option in the power mode DID. Why would that be? Thanks, by the way.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Restarting instead of powering off/on also clears temporary files. Not sure exactly why that worked for you, but I'm glad you got it sorted nonetheless.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

chris23feb

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
eventually i reset my note 2 and reinstalling all over again, message gone, i format the memory card too but still cant work!!! so memory card or phone problem? Note 2 32G sandisk class 10:'(