Phone wont update

anon(396509)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
everytime i try to update my phone it takes me to a screen with a yellow exclamation mark in a white triangle with an android guy next to it. my phone isnt rooted so i dont understand why it keeps doing this. if anyone could help that would be great.

anon(396509)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
the first time i did over mobile network. then i deleted the update on my sd card and then re downloaded it over wifi. the same thing happens which ever way i download it

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever been cleared out your memory? Cache, history, old text messages. Could be due to lack of store space for the update...?

~??Holliewood??~

anon(396509)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
i actually did a factory reset. i bought the phone, used, from someone else but i downloaded an app to see if it was rooted and it says that it isnt.

anon(396509)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint

Is there a way that I could reinstall the stock OS? I'm still on gingerbread 2.3.4 so is there a way I could reinstall it on my phone? I read something about flashing the stock rom or something. Could some one give me a beginners guide to doing this?

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You're bootloader is unlocked. Boot into bootloader to confirm.

To relock it, you'll need the android sdk installed on your computer so that you can connect your phone and run commands in command prompt from your computer. The command is "fastboot oem lock" without quotations while your phone is booted into fastboot.

If you need a more thorough guide just let me know.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

anon(396509)

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
You're bootloader is unlocked. Boot into bootloader to confirm.

To relock it, you'll need the android sdk installed on your computer so that you can connect your phone and run commands in command prompt from your computer. The command is "fastboot oem lock" without quotations while your phone is booted into fastboot.

If you need a more thorough guide just let me know.

*Sent from work early bcuz some1 4got teh NSFW tag*

yup thats exactly what it is. it says that i am unlocked. could you also give me a thorough guide for relocking it please?

also if you could find a way to do it on a mac that would be great. but if there isnt a way on mac then a windows way is fine as well