Rooting design

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I need helping rooting an HTC Evo 4g design. I've tried just about every possible guide and none work. I've tried putting the ph something file on the root of the ad card and going to boot loader but it says that there's no img, and I can't find out how to root can anyone help. I already unlocked boot loader just can't root

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work the links are out, I tried the PH44IMG.zip but it tells me that the main thing is older.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean the links are out ? Do you have a recovery installed? you can also install the recovery using fastboot, Remember Google is your friend, there are plenty of guides out there and it might take a little searching, just dont give up and you'll get it.

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
the link it gives to rooting it the htc drivers from xda . the link from there says the files have been removed and the unlocker site that says to download the PH44IMG file when i put it on the root of the sd card it says update failed when i boot to hboot

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha... if you can post what hboot version you have and what software version you are on i'll see if i can can up with something to help. i dont have that phone and each phone is a little different in the way you root it

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried flashing the recovery through fastboot ?
1; rename the image to "recovery" and place it the folder with fastboot
2; reboot to the bootloader and put it in fastboot mode, you should have" fastboot usb" highlighted. if not install the adb drivers
3; open a cmd prompt from the folder that includes fastboot
4; Type this or copy/paste in the cmd widow fastboot flash recovery recovery.img