I've only seen 4G work once on this phone since I've had it, I had assumed I just wasn't in a coverage area until I was at a friends place in Virginia beach which was a confirmed 4G area and I still had nothing now I hear that Verizon has 4G where I work and I know Sprint can't be that far off so I'm thinking its an issue with the antenna. My phone is rooted but its been rooted since the first week of owning it and Im pretty sure I didn't test out the 4g until after the first month since nearest 4g coverage was over an hr away and didn't have a reason to go out there until then. So if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be id appreciate it. I thought maybe it had something to do with the new update which I can't get since I'm rooted but I looked it up and its for a new operating system nothing about antennas so I don't know what it'd be. Again thanks in advance

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2013 07:21 AM
    I had problems when I had sprint with my evo shift in south jersey. The only thing I can offer is that my 4g rarely worked in 4g Verizon market areas and that it's doubtfully an antennae issue even adding on the fact that most updates have not a lot to do with reception of data increase as long as your phone is stock 4g. One other thing could be the whole Sprint screw up with their choice of wi-max which they are frantically replacing with lte,although the wimax was awesome on my phone,so maybe it's just conversion problems. Even saying that sprint customer service was awesome and one representative even suggested rooting my evo to my surprise so I know they would still work with you to troubleshoot ,even if your warranty is voided. Good luck,I loved sprint when their all caught up I'm sure the experience will be pleasurable. Plus Japanese Softbank is about to totally buy out Sprint and and clearwire which will hopefully help.
    06-28-2013 08:16 AM
    I haven't checked It In Reading pa which is where I originally got 4g since the first time so maybe it still works out there but this was over a year ago I would think by now they would have branched out but ill see what happens maybe its something with the rom I'm on phones been acting up lately so its time to wipe it and start over anyway maybe that'll clear it up going back to the stock rom ill see when I get time to work on it

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Android Central Forums
    06-28-2013 09:27 AM
    Sprint cut off 4G wimax so they can spend their time improving in their LTE

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-02-2013 06:09 PM
    So would that mean it would pick up lte? Or would it just be screwed for 4g altogether?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using AC Forums mobile app
    07-12-2013 06:58 AM