10-15-2015 01:50 AM
46 12
tools
    I was just messing around on youtube and saw this Thought someone might find it useful
    02-08-2011 09:20 PM
    I bought the platinum series case from best buy and I really like it. I got the sprint holster case originally and it was crap. This one fits very well and the phone feels secure. Heard it's very similar (if not the same as) the seidio version.
    02-11-2011 09:07 PM
    Just found out Otterbox is going to release a case for the EVO SHIFT...

EVO Shift Cases, HTC EVO Shift Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
    02-21-2011 11:20 AM
    Just found out Otterbox is going to release a case for the EVO SHIFT...

EVO Shift Cases, HTC EVO Shift Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com
    Looks like a great case. The only downside is Otterbox won't make a case and holster for the shift....their only holster model is the Defender which they can't make for slide out phones.
    02-21-2011 01:16 PM
    Love the Shift Otterbox. Gotta love a company that actually listens to what its customers want!
    02-26-2011 09:29 AM
    I'm using the HTC branded case in pink with the white back. It is a nice case and I have had no issues. The only thing is that the white back picks up dirt *really* quick. Otherwise I think it's a quality case and I also like how it feels in hand.

Heif

Sent via Tapatalk from my EVO Shift
    03-06-2011 06:35 PM
    I have tried the Seidio Case, the front would not stay on my phone.

I tried the cases that Best Buy carries as well, the same problem, the plastic is a bit too thin and flexible and the tabs just pop off when closing the phone.

I ended up getting the HTC branded one from Sprint, the plactic is sturdier compared to the Seidio/Best Buy ones and stays on quite well.

I might check out the Otterbox case when it is available cause it looks really nice.
    03-10-2011 05:09 PM
    The otterbox case for the evo shift on sale at Amazon now
    03-14-2011 12:31 PM
    If you like a generic leather holster, this is the one I use and I really love it:

Case Logic CLP142SMB Universal Cell Phone Case - Black in Cell Phone Cases at JR.com
    03-15-2011 12:42 PM
    Does anyone have any additional information on when the otterbox case will go on sale? I have been constantly checking their website for like a month now and it still says coming soon. Any additional information would be appreciated. I REALLY NEED THIS CASE!!!
    03-17-2011 02:56 AM
    I'm using this....

http://shop2.sprint.com/assets/image...chh7140r_l.gif

Holster and Shield Combo - Item # CHH7140R
    This cover and holster combination provides convenient protection for your HTC EVO Shift 4G. The black cover is smooth with a carbon fiber finish. Designed to slide perfectly into matching holster with rotating belt clip for no-belt carrying options. Two ways to carry one great phone.

I got it at the sprint store. Online it's $21.99. I believe in the store I paid $34.99 for it. I did go to a non-corporate sprint store so that probably is the reason for the price difference. The snap on case is secure yet is able to be removed (not too easily). The holster could be better. It seems like it's not too well made. I may be looking to get a leather case for my phone or I might make shift one of my current leather cases.

I tried the seido innocase snap on case with holster and found that the face plate did not stay on well. I was surprised as Seido tends to be good. This time not so much.
    03-19-2011 10:45 AM
    I have the same case as mentioned above and really like it. Fits well, feels sturdy, and the smooth fiber finish on the back feels good in my hand while adding a little style. I got it from my sprint store for $29.00 and it is sold here for $25 http://store.androidcentral.com/mobi...4A123A7993.htm

The holster leaves a little to be desired but it functions.
    03-19-2011 12:09 PM
    Is that a hard palstic case or is it soft touch? I broke one of the clips on the faceplate of my Seidio case, now I'm looking for something different.
    03-19-2011 12:23 PM
    The case that retrokevin and I (vintagetechtm) mentioned is a hard plastic case and it feels like plastic. It does not have the coating that the Seido case has.
    03-19-2011 01:31 PM
    I just purchased the HTC branded case in blue from Sprint for $20. So far so good. It snapped on in seconds and tightened up the slider a bit. It feels great and doesn't add much weight or thickness. I also like that it protects the camera. The one negative I have is that the case covers the lights on the keyboard that let you know that the shift or caps lock is down. I knew this when I purchased it so it's not a big deal, but something to be aware of.
    04-02-2011 05:01 PM
    If anyone finds a leather wrapped hard plastic snap on case, please PM me. I have the sprint "carbon fiber" back case currently but really want a leather wrapped hard plastic snap on case. Thank you ahead of time.
    04-04-2011 08:48 AM
    Seidio also has their "Active" cases for this phone. I think a friend of mine is going to order one, as the red one from the Sprint store really tightens up the slider.
    05-25-2011 11:01 AM
    Seidio case is crap. I've gone through 2 of them already.
    They only last 3-4 months and then the tabs that hold it on start to go.
    They will replace under warranty but you have to ship it back to them via trackable shipping method.
    If I'm going to spend $8 getting it to them, that's at least 1/3 of a new case.

What's your best pick for a case?
    11-23-2011 12:47 PM
    ^ Ditto. My fiance has already been thru 2 of them also. Disappointing, especially since the Active case on my Epic has been fantastic.
    11-23-2011 05:42 PM
    Seidio case is crap. I've gone through 2 of them already.
    They only last 3-4 months and then the tabs that hold it on start to go.
    They will replace under warranty but you have to ship it back to them via trackable shipping method.
    If I'm going to spend $8 getting it to them, that's at least 1/3 of a new case.

What's your best pick for a case?
    The best one I have found is the OEM case from HTC, the one with the rubbery part on the back. Mine lasted 9 months, was on tight and would have lasted longer but I dropped my phone from head height and the front piece popped off. One of the tabs cracked at that point. It did the job of protecting the edges of the glass, so I was happy with that. The back part of the case was still in fine shape.

I never pull the case off, though, for anything. I don't do battery pulls, etc..
    11-23-2011 06:07 PM
    Smartphone is the most popular thing among the young generation. These days, we cannot stay a moment without the smartphone. We can do so many things through this small but important thing. It has a unique operating system. This is the most valuable one among the smartphones. To protect your phone from the outer damage, you have to use Cover custom cell phone. It is really helpful for your phone.
    10-15-2015 01:50 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD