Backup/Restore before and after ROM?

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are there any recommendation as to properly backing up data and restoring it after a ROM update?

I ask because both times I've installed a ROM the restore has been a mess. A current example would be restoring my Titanium Backup last night after installing the Mikshifted, I no longer have the icons on the lock screen. So restoring my desktop or something has messed it up.

Basically trying to figure out what is safe to restore and what is not and what information do I expect to lose.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I use mybackup root for backing up Apps and data. For me it's a lot easier to use. You can get it free from the market.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

lancer1991#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What should be restored? I like to have my messages and phone history back. Also like my desktops restored along with ringtones. Are these potential issues?

Obviously apps with saved data is a must.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What should be restored? I like to have my messages and phone history back. Also like my desktops restored along with ringtones. Are these potential issues?

Obviously apps with saved data is a must.

There's 2 sperate backups within the application. One for backing up apps with data and one for system settings. You can backup/restore call logs, mms, sms, alarms, dictionary.. etc. I have my calendar and contacts saved with google so I don't back those up, cause I ended up with multiple copies and its just pointless for me.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC