Gingerbreak

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried Gingerbreak on the shift? First time didn't work for me after about 15 mins so I'm running again. Just wondering if it is worth my time to try and root this way or if doing it more then these two may be pointless.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tried Gingerbreak on the shift? First time didn't work for me after about 15 mins so I'm running again. Just wondering if it is worth my time to try and root this way or if doing it more then these two may be pointless.

Gingerbreak isn't going to work for the Shift. There actually isn't a root exploit for the Gingerbread. As of right now the only way to root the Shift on Gingerbread is to downgrade back to 2.2 then root using the froyo method.
Hboot information and downgrading

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well there obviously is a exploit for Gingerbread since that is what Gingerbreak does. I'm not downgrading so I was hoping this would work on the shift too.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well there obviously is a exploit for Gingerbread since that is what Gingerbreak does. I'm not downgrading so I was hoping this would work on the shift too.

There's not a root exploit for the updated hboot that came with gingerbread on the shift.. At least it hasn't been found yet. You realize if you downgrade and root, you can flash a Gingerbread ROM right? There are stock rooted ROMs that are exactly like HTC Gingerbread and there are also tweaked versions. As well as AOSP ROMs that are gingerbread. The only reason for downgrading is so that s-off can be achieved, once you've done that you can use whatever rooted ROM that you like.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Just needed to know if Gingerbreak worked on the specifics of the Shift. Stating that there isn't a exploit for Gingerbread is a bit incorrect. But I got ya now.

Been well aware that I can flash whatever rom I want when rooted. I'm not interested in all of that and really don't want to go through the process of temp rooting, downgrading, perma root, and then install a different ROM. I just wanted root to manage things a little better on my phone now that it's aging.

I probably should of rooted when I had froyo since it was so easy and waited for a pre rooted rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol