[How To] Temp Root your EVO Shift (Update 1/30/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am writing this to kill some of the myths and to help those who want temporary root access until a permanent root is available. (Permanint root is now available HERE) As far as I can tell this is completely reversible with a battery pull. With that in mind you must understand that you are rooting your phone and anything can happen. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your EVO Shift 4G you are doing this at your own risk. Do you understand this? Read it again... Now lets get thet temp root so we can start using those great root apps.

First what you need:

1) Astro file manager or the file manager of your choice (available in Android Market)
2) Visionary (attached to this post) Thanks to PaulOBrien for this great app.

Install Astro File Manager if you don't already have a file manager. Now go to Menu>Settings> applications and check the box for unknown sources. Now go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>put a check in the box for USB debug. Use Astro file manager or the file manager of your choice to navigate to Visionary run the apk. Go to your app drawer look for Visionary open it and chose temp root let it run once complete you have temp root if it fails (stalls on black screen) hit the back button or home open Visionary again and chose temp root again.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2