Super User issue.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I am having an issue with superuser. It's telling me to update my su binary, but I need to boot into recovery to flash it. How do I boot iinto recovery?

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I do not have permanent root yet. I was just getting started with obtaining temp with the intention of attempting permanent for the first time.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't boot in to recovery with temp root you will need permanent root for that. What program are you trying to use?

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I downlaoded supersuser and installed visionary. Neither worked and visionary brings my system down to a drunken crawl. I figured I needed to do something with superuser. When I investigated it told me it needed to update and to boot into recovery to do so. I'm just getting started and already feel dumb.

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
uninstall superuser..when you temp root with visionary it will install superuser for you...in fact just uninstall both then reinstall visionary and run temproot

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
uninstall superuser..when you temp root with visionary it will install superuser for you...in fact just uninstall both then reinstall visionary and run temproot

Seriously oops I need to re wright the how to then I have been telling everyone to install SU first. I am going to have to un root and test this out when I get home. Man I start writing and re writing these tutorials and guides I always miss something.

Thanks for the heads up
Dave

Compusmurf

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
One additional thing, for those that visionary and z4 never worked/lagged/rebooted to lag ville, factory reset and you'll be good. Never figured out the app that caused the temp root stuff to fail.

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to say after that small hurdle, I am now fully rooted. Just a stripped stock ROM right now, but ready and waiting for the fun to start. Thanks again for your help guys.

draztikrhymez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem getting Super User working. I decided to root & did temporary root with Visionary, but in my command prompt when i type in SU it keeps saying permission denied.

i've tried rebooting & re temp rooting with visionary to no avail. any ideas?

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here!!! i've tried several times and rebooted phone and retemp rooted and still permission denied :(

EDIT!!! i fugred it out. apparently i wasn't supposed to type "SU" in the the command prompt but instead type "su"
lowercase letters!! i hope this helps your problem as well bro!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12