please help!

Maxwellg15

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
hi my name is maxwell

i have my moms phone in my hands she has the evo shift 4g and i ahve the optimus S and have sucessfuly rooted, installed custom recovery, and CM7

special thanks to you guys for your help with the optimus

so now i'm working on my mom's phone and just do a prema root for it i tried using Z4root and the one that D5 recommended in his instruction but they both restart the evo and it takes forever to come back on (sits at the 4g logo)

please help!! btw we just got the phones a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE them

Maxwell

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Try un installing both, then re install visionary. I had visionary restart my phone a couple of times when I was using it for temp root. If it got stuck I would pull the battery and start over. I wouldn't check the root on boot box, but keep trying and it should catch root.

Maxwellg15

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Try un installing both, then re install visionary. I had visionary restart my phone a couple of times when I was using it for temp root. If it got stuck I would pull the battery and start over. I wouldn't check the root on boot box, but keep trying and it should catch root.

will the prema root button work was just worndering?

Maxwellg15

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the help i'm rooted now i guess that story of the train works in this sutiion
how do i go about installing custon roms and now??

edit ps: i knew about that set of instructions i have been following it way befor i post my frist post

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
how do i go about installing custon roms and now??

I pulled this straight from a previous thread

Boot in to recovery you will see where to backup. Once backed up you can find some nice ROMs

Also to install the ROMs and Kernel just put the Zip on your SD card then boot in to recovery chose install zip from sd card the chose zip then chose the ROM zip you want to install.

You can also use ROM manager to install custom ROM's and Kernels. Same basic process except eliminates having to manually boot into recovery.

You can go over to XDA and find some nice ROMs http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=938&order=desc

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the AC and the wonderful world of custom ROMs. Glad you guys were able to help and the OPs root was successful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781