I'll admit it. im a noob. I recently rooted my phone and was wondering if or how i could change the interface of my evo shift. i understand the purpose of rooting my phone but still cannot figure out what its main purpose is other than to have control of the pre installed programs. is there a way to be able to change the lock screen or app menu. is there a way to create folders in my app menu so programs i do not usually use can be stored without all the clutter?

what else can i do with rooting? any program/mod/rom suggestions?
    04-23-2011 12:43 AM
    Sounds like you need to do a little reading up on rooting. Yes, you can change the interface by flashing a custom ROM. This is fairly easy to do so if you need help let us know. You can go here EVO Shift 4G Android Development - xda-developers to check out some available ROM's for the Shift.

As far as lock screen and overall look of the phone, most of it can be modified through different methods, both non rooted and root only. The lock screen can be changed by using widget locker ( root not needed) or using something like metamorph (root required) to mod different aspects of your phone.

There's a lot of good information on here and other forums like XDA, just search and read up. Then decided how you want to take full advantage of your rooted Shift.

Edit: Sorry but the name is terrible
    04-23-2011 01:44 AM