Has anyone got netflix working on their evo shift yet???

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i made my phone think its the nexus one and i only get about a 4sec. audio clip with a black screen, then i get thrown to the main menu. i really really hope this works soon, im getting annoyed of having to tether my phone so i can watch netflix on my ipod. i'd rather just use the shift...since apple is rotten.

bavery

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got netflix working on my Evo Shift using an apk downloaded for my friend's Epic. Link is here. Just got the 4 seconds of audio thing until I updated to the latest nightly of CM7 (from 5/24), but after the update it seems to work perfectly now.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
^^Confirmed! Works great with newest nightly. Only prob I had was I needed to download a new Facebook apk from 4shared because the standard app from the market kept force closing with the new nightly.

edit: no crashing whatsoever. watched two movies with no problem on a two-bar 3g signal. best part was no blurry picture, it was perfect the whole time!!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rickymmx

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Got netflix on my Evo Shift! It's moody but man does it get the job done. Anyway here is what I did...

Download .netflix.mediaclient apk
ROM=NFX 2.0 (other sense ROMs reported working)
Kernel=X99percent #8 (x99kernel)

It crashed 100% of the time when I tried to fast forward (don't say I didn't warn ya)
Had trouble with the 'resume' button.
Other than that I've been having a blast! :) :)

boriecorie

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Theres an update and I can't use netflix now anyone got the latest apk?? -.-

sent from my Evo shift using tapatalk

edit*** got it working from xda already thanks tho.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae