kernels for shift

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be helpful if we had a sticky made up of all the Kernels that are available for the shift and for which Rom they are compatible with. Anyone agree? Becasue I cannot seem to find a stable Kernel for my CM87 rom, or my Evervolve.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If your running Android 2.3.4 on Cm7 or Evervolv its all going to be trial and error. I believe both x99 and Scary Ghoul are working on getting their kernels compiled correctly for the latest version of Android. Any AOSP ROM running 2.3.3 or Froyo Sense ROM should be straight forward as far as finding a Kernel. Also Sense ROMs running Gingerbread won't have any custom kernels available until the source code is released.
You can download Kernel Manager from the market, it will give a list of available Kernels along with the Android flavor and Android version compatibility. A list isn't a bad idea, I'm just pointing out a some other ideas.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i actually tried the kernel manager idea last week and for some unknown reason, all of the kernels would download, but none of them would flash. i even tried to flash manually through recovery, but the files kept coming up corrupt or missing and the flash kept getting aborted. i got sad and gave up lol. i heard girly kernel works for cm7 is that true? and could you post links to scary and x99 pretty pretty please?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright hers my dropbox of both scary and x99. These are the only 2 custom kernels for 2.3.4 that I know of. Scarys kernel works for some but I can't get past the HTC screen. X99 breaks my wifi but works for some. I'm running the stock kernel for Shift Deck 2.3.4, i haven't tested them on Cm7.

Scary -

X99 -
Hope they work for you.. Like I said it's hit or miss.

Edit: Just tested x99kernel on CM7 nightly #94 and it's running great so far. Haven't tested wifi yet.

Double Edit: *BUG* Broke calling! Wasn't able to to hear anything when making phone calls

Last edited:

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
ok here i go:

i tried the flash of x99, and i never got past my boot screen :(
i tried the flash of scary, and my speed was reduced DRAMATICALLY :( :(

sigh...i guess i will just stick tho what comes preloaded with my rom.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that I posted Scarys super undervolted version, which is less stable. I'll post up his stable version latter when I have a chance. I'm running it now and its quick

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
X99 released another kernel that's compiled to work with kernel version 2.6.35 (newest nighltlies and shift deck have this kernel version.) He says it's still a WIP but it's been running really good on Shift Deck ROM.