internal antenna

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
say i would like to modify my internal antenna (not the 4g one) and add some extra wire to it, for increased reception. does anyone know how would i go about doing that?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't anything about about extending the physical antenna but have you flashed the most current radio? I've noticed better reception after flash radio version 1.08.00.0506.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Im running shift deck. Of I flash to stock rom update, and flash back will the settings stick?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to flash the ROM update, flash the actual radio, you can get it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1082192

Read through the first couple of pages of the thread, there's a easier way to flash then the way in the original post. Also, if you get stuck on the splash screen after flashing, pull the zip off your sd card then restore your nandroid. Just read through the thread and you'll see what I'm talking about.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm so confused. There seems to be a debate as to whether to flash in bootloader, recovery, or adb.

If I flash in recovery, can I flash radio then flash wimax and not brick?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't flash via recovery.. Download the zip then check md5sum and make sure they match the original post. Put the zip on the root of your sd card (sd needs to me formated to fat32) then boot into bootloader and it will give you prompts to update the radio.

The first time I did this I had no problems and my phone booted right back up. I had to ruu back to stock to take my phone into Sprint and i lost the radio. The next time I flashed it my phone wouldn't boot past htc screen, if that happens don't freak out. Just take out your sd, put it in your pc and remove the zip from the root of the card. (if not hboot will try to read it and you won't be able to access recovery) once the zip is removed, boot into recovery and restore your nandroid.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Stay away from modifying the antenna. By doing so you violate several FCC rules. NOt only that but most of those are engineered to a specific wave length, by modifying the antenan you can actually make it worse. What you need to do is look for a Bi Directional Amplifier if your in a specific location with bad signal. If your getting bad signal everywhere do what the above posters mention and try to flash a different modem. I did this on my EPIC and noticed a big difference.

I also am on my 2nd EVO 3D and this unit has better signal in my office, which the first one did not.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
not working for me. i flash the radio update and i get stuck at my splash screen. and when i try to flash the wimax update my phone says no image!.

im destined to have lame reception.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
not working for me. i flash the radio update and i get stuck at my splash screen. and when i try to flash the wimax update my phone says no image!.

im destined to have lame reception.

If hboot went through the process of updating you should be running the current radio. How did you get your phone to boot back into Android? Just because your phone didn't boot after the update doesn't meanvit didn't flash... Check your baseband version in about phone.

Did the wimax accidently get renamed something besides PG06IMG.zip? Sometimes transferring the file will add an extra. Zip at the end.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i flashed back to my nandroid and rebooted but it still stuck so i wiped both caches and then it worked fine. it was not renamed, it was PG06IMG, but still not found. i tried several times, but blah. i will just stay on my regular radios that came with shift deck.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i flashed back to my nandroid and rebooted but it still stuck so i wiped both caches and then it worked fine. it was not renamed, it was PG06IMG, but still not found. i tried several times, but blah. i will just stay on my regular radios that came with shift deck.

So your baseband is still 1.7xxx? That's strange, if hboot went through the update you should be on the latest radio.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
yes sir. its a 1.7 number. im going to try flashing to a different rom other than shift deck and explore more alternatives. im seeking a change and i will find it without sprint's help!! haha!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Flashing the rooted official update that x99 put together might include the updated radio.. But I'm not positive.