Ok, idk if anyone came across this before, but everytime i restore or install a new rom the phone gets slower.
    I started with stock froyo, then x99 kernel on it, then x99 gb update, back to froyo and now mikrom gb 1.2
    I use benchmarks like quadrant and everytime i erased everything. Cache, dalvik and data. Updated profile and prl. No luck. Same apps and nothing extra seems to be running.

Anything would help.
    07-28-2011 03:20 PM
    Is the real world performance actually slower or just benchmarks? Benchmarks can be a bit misleading at times. Also when flashing between ROMs, it's best IMO to wipe everything multiple times. That way you know nothing is getting left behind. I generally wipe data/cache/dalvick at least twice before doing a fresh install.
    And of course you know, running froyo with a custom kernel is going to be faster than Gingerbread with the stock HTC kernel.

If your really looking for speed/performance look into flashing an AOSP ROM and a custom kernel. I usually run oc'ed at 1.3GHz and have absolutely no lag.
    07-28-2011 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD