webOS is dead: Bring "Cards" to Android!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a Touchpad during the fire sale and i will say, the cards are pretty nice. It does offer true multi tasking... As much as I'm looking forward to the CM team porting Android, I'm glad they are working on a dual boot system.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

jpmills3#AC

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I would totally be down for that. I just had to drop my Pre- yesterday and really miss webOS. I tried perfect task switcher; doesn't cut it.

dsstrainer

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the heck these "cards" are, but if they mean true multi-tasking then deal me in!

Android already has true multitasking.. The cards is mostly eye candy... The only real feature it adds is the ability to truly close an app when you are done with it. Tho you could use ATK to do it too... but again.. isn't as fun as the cards

jpmills3#AC

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Android already has true multitasking.. The cards is mostly eye candy... The only real feature it adds is the ability to truly close an app when you are done with it. Tho you could use ATK to do it too... but again.. isn't as fun as the cards

Color me a newb to the androis OS, but I thought task killers did more harm than good? I have wanted to manually shut down programs that are "running" but am unsure whether or not that is good for the phone.

tayl0124

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Cards are great for people how have ADD, or think they might. I never forgot what I was doing before I got that phone call, or email or whatever. There it was still open on my desktop. That was/is the beauty of the webOs cards.

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I never forgot what I was doing...
Have you ever fired up your web browser with a specific reason and place to go, only to get sidetracked by something on your home page? Then like 5 minutes later you think "damn-it! I forgot what I was going to look for!" Heh :confused:

cooknn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly the "killer" features that were slated for ICS are now being pushed forward. Was hoping for an announcement and some nice new features before Apple steals the stage. Android could lose a lot of it's base to iOS when the iPhone 5 hits Sprint.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever fired up your web browser with a specific reason and place to go, only to get sidetracked by something on your home page? Then like 5 minutes later you think "damn-it! I forgot what I was going to look for!" Heh :confused:
You already have this. Long press on links to open them in new cards. Tap Menu > Windows to swipe though the cards. Press the Back button to close the new card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463