A fix coming for Sense rebooting bug?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I may have to try this Go Launcher EX. This mini reboot thing seems to be getting worse.

I've had it for a couple of days now, and absolutely no problems with reboots or anything else. Its functionality is great! Plus, there are a lot of available themes, so you can customize your phone's look. I highly recommend it, along with the other GO offerings, especially GO SMS Pro. :D

pelikan3

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had a little bit of rebooting and a lot of increased slow down, particularly the "Loading..." message, with extended hang time, when changing apps.

I started test driving the GO Launcher EX, and noticed vast speed improvement, and virtually no "Loading..." message (I've seen it once this week, and it seemed appropriate to the circumstances). Highly recommend it.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

baykes

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC pushed a software update to me yesterday that seems to fix this. hasnt happened to me since i installed the update. I wonder what else the update includes though.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC pushed a software update to me yesterday that seems to fix this. hasnt happened to me since i installed the update. I wonder what else the update includes though.

If the software number for this update is 2.76.651.5, This was originally released on 8/4/11 and was intended to fix an MMS issue. It seemed to fix the reboot problem...for all of one day. Then it returned. So check your software number to see if what you were pushed is the same as the one above. If so, it's not new and your Sense reboot issue will most likely return soon.

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Recently dropped Sense and got the Go Launcher EX as suggested by posts in this thread. Best move I ever made. Go Launcher EX is far better than sense, and has more useable features. Also does not force-closed-restart ever.

proudfrog

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the GO Launcher EX a couple of days ago. It took a little bit of tweaking - which is good because it allows you to personalize the GUI. Overall, I am impressed with the GUI and the options offered, like adding more screens and deleting them too. But I do miss some of the widgets that are available with HTC Sense, namely Friend Stream.But - a big BUT - no more sense re-boot - so far.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the GO Launcher EX a couple of days ago. It took a little bit of tweaking - which is good because it allows you to personalize the GUI. Overall, I am impressed with the GUI and the options offered, like adding more screens and deleting them too. But I do miss some of the widgets that are available with HTC Sense, namely Friend Stream.But - a big BUT - no more sense re-boot - so far.

It's a great launcher. Glad you like it.There is just so much you can do with it. Not dealing with the reboots is definitely nice. Have you checked out the available themes (available on the Market)?

zolttt

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Cool so since the messaging app blows, and sense blows... I now have to install market versions of messaging, and a launcher... thanks HTC.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Cool so since the messaging app blows, and sense blows... I now have to install market versions of messaging, and a launcher... thanks HTC.

But that's the beauty of Android. If you don't like the manufacturers' stuff, you don't have to put up with it. You have the option to change to something else. Android lets you be an individual, not just an automaton.

proudfrog

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I did hit a snag with GO Launcher EX. I use ColorNotes and their widgets. Unfortunately, with GO launcher Ex, that option doesn't seem available

donnie623

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Great advice on here. I have an evo 4g and my wife has the shift. It was happening to both of our phones....it was awful. Most recently I was at an amusement park with my son and was snappin pics. I decided that I wanted to use the camcorder so I made the mistake of hitting the home button to get to the icon and totally missed what would have been an awesome moment. I instead had to wait for sense to reload....i was so pissed lol. Anyway i came across this and downloaded Go Launcher.....awesome app, feels like a new phone now. Thanks again!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Great advice on here. I have an evo 4g and my wife has the shift. It was happening to both of our phones....it was awful. Most recently I was at an amusement park with my son and was snappin pics. I decided that I wanted to use the camcorder so I made the mistake of hitting the home button to get to the icon and totally missed what would have been an awesome moment. I instead had to wait for sense to reload....i was so pissed lol. Anyway i came across this and downloaded Go Launcher.....awesome app, feels like a new phone now. Thanks again!

This is an example of why I come to AC, if I have a problem, before calling Sprint. :D

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried Go Launcher EX also. Kinda liked it, especially home screens in landscape mode, except I really missed the animated weather on the HTC clock. Still use the Go messenger though (apparently it looks like the iPhone's SMS). Sense is mostly fine for me; it doesn't really reboot on me much. Yet.

Crucio

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see it isn't just me having this issue. I had been toying with Crazy Home and GO Launcher because I wanted neat themes, but I kept going back to Sense because the widgets are so nice and I wanted a nice, small digital clock/weather. I got fed up with the rebooting though and have made a permanent change to GO Launcher. I found a nice clock that also has a battery meter and weather widget (SiMiClock) and the GO Weather app has nice clean widget options too.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see it isn't just me having this issue. I had been toying with Crazy Home and GO Launcher because I wanted neat themes, but I kept going back to Sense because the widgets are so nice and I wanted a nice, small digital clock/weather. I got fed up with the rebooting though and have made a permanent change to GO Launcher. I found a nice clock that also has a battery meter and weather widget (SiMiClock) and the GO Weather app has nice clean widget options too.

If your missing the sense Widgets try apw. Android pro Widgets. Really good and are scrollable like sense ones. Looks really good to.

Reactions: Crucio

Crucio

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If your missing the sense Widgets try apw. Android pro Widgets. Really good and are scrollable like sense ones. Looks really good to.

Thanks for your recommendation. I'm actually quite happy with the GO widgets I'm using (Facebook, Twitter, calendar, and bookmarks) with the transparent widget theme. I'll definitely give APW a go next time I start tweaking things around again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool