This phone sucks

besen

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
ok here it is I got the htc evo shift and was thinking its a great phone all the apps and stuff but I go to use the full keybord to send texts messages that works great till I want to add numbers because the little FN key must stand for F%(ing now way because the fn key thing shows up on the screen but all I get are letters what is up with that . I have had sprint for 8 days now and I tell you there customer service SUCKS also so can some one please tell me what I need to do to type in numbers and symbols Oh and along with the lit up little FN on the screen there is a little EN if thats important I dont know .:mad:

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Read some of my previous posts regarding my experience with this phone. You'll quickly realize that if the FN key is your only problem then you're getting off easy. If you've only had Sprint for 8 days then you still have time to return it (refrain from throwing it through the window[trust me lol]). My understanding is that HTC's other devices are solid, this just isn't one of them.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My Shift has been nothing but great, I hate to see others having issues. I'm still using the same device from January and its still running perfectly. My only problem is my keyboard lights quit working.. I'm just too lazy to unroot and take it to Sprint :D

Sent from my Android powered Tenderloin

AKAndy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My Shift has been great too, had it since April. Not a single problem. While I like the qwerty keyboard, I've found that the virtual keyboard works much easier and faster. Hope you get your issues worked out.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My Shift has been great too, had it since April. Not a single problem. While I like the qwerty keyboard, I've found that the virtual keyboard works much easier and faster. Hope you get your issues worked out.

Have you tried Swiftkey X keyboard? I swear by it. Give it a try for free.

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Like others here I have three options/comments
1-Take it to Sprint. It's been only 8 days. You want and deserve a perfect experience
2-Try swift key keyboard from the marketplace, may solve the issue and it's better than HTC's anyway
3-Pressing the fn key once types only one number. Double tapping the fn key locks it and then you may type multiple numbers (you may already know that, I'm mentioning it just in case)

I've had my shift for a year now and fortunately it's been free of issues. Only thing is I'm running out of internal memory so I need to upgrade soon

combsja

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was good for just over a year, and then 6 days ago, I no longer get service at my home where I had phenominal service for years (why I am with Sprint). It bounces from analog to nothing and then back to analog--full bars. I go 2 miles south and have full 3G, 2 miles north, same thing. I was told by Sprint it is my phone and there is no network issues in my area. I am going to the store tomorrow and 'see' what they can do...but it is so strange that it just started and is only doing this around my home...not to mention when I head north or south, it improves--and yet Sprint says its my phone...Ideas?

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was good for just over a year, and then 6 days ago, I no longer get service at my home where I had phenominal service for years (why I am with Sprint). It bounces from analog to nothing and then back to analog--full bars. I go 2 miles south and have full 3G, 2 miles north, same thing. I was told by Sprint it is my phone and there is no network issues in my area. I am going to the store tomorrow and 'see' what they can do...but it is so strange that it just started and is only doing this around my home...not to mention when I head north or south, it improves--and yet Sprint says its my phone...Ideas?
Try a prl update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta