bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to download this update yet? Keeps telling me"Your phone is up to date: There are no updates available for your phone"

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Manually updated mine this AM. It is a BIG download, recommends using WIFI. Install was lengthy and several periods of apparent non activity, however, just leave it alone and it will eventually finish. So far NO issues, but it is still early......

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Downloading now over 4G. It's a security update and is 23.74 MB. Going smoothly, so far. Expect it to take a little time with moving around and replacing so much data. As ginglish said, just leave it alone and let it do its thing.

Actually, it only took a few minutes (less than 10) and everything is fine; my GO Launcher EX is still my default and no changes to UI.

@bigtank - The amount of traffic when these updates are released sometimes cause delays. Just be patient and keep trying; you should be able to get it today. Sometimes, turning off your device for a minute or two might speed things up a bit. Patience.

Last edited:

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a pretty big update. From what I've gathered, it will update you to Android version 2.3.4, plus radio and wimax...also updates your hboot to 0.99.0000, which probably locks down our current GB root method but supposedly unlock able through htcdev.com.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This is a pretty big update. From what I've gathered, it will update you to Android version 2.3.4, plus radio and wimax...also updates your hboot to 0.99.0000, which probably locks down our current GB root method but supposedly unlock able through htcdev.com.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Yep, 2.3.4! Everything is running smoothly and a little faster. So far, great update. We'll see how it holds up and comment if it doesn't. lol

Last edited:

Angelus5

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Still have yet to get this to download, been using the wifi connection in my house and every time I try it say download was corrupted. Getting frustrated that it won't download.

And when I try to download it manually it tells me my phone is up to date. Hubby said could be Sprint isn't current with the update releases for the Shift and that is why it's telling me nothing there.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still have yet to get this to download, been using the wifi connection in my house and every time I try it say download was corrupted. Getting frustrated that it won't download.

And when I try to download it manually it tells me my phone is up to date. Hubby said could be Sprint isn't current with the update releases for the Shift and that is why it's telling me nothing there.

Call Sprint customer service and let them know the problem. I believe they can send it to your phone. Sprint is current with its Shift updates, as far as I can tell. Anyway, CS should be able to take care of the update for you.

Reactions: Angelus5

Angelus5

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Call Sprint customer service and let them know the problem. I believe they can send it to your phone. Sprint is current with its Shift updates, as far as I can tell. Anyway, CS should be able to take care of the update for you.

Ended up having to go into service center and it took the tech a while but he finally got the update to download. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463