I hate this phone

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Title is self explantory. I got my first shift - given to me by a friend - in february. Had it two weeks, broke the screen.

Well, yea, the glass screen on these phones are junk. Instead of paying the 100 deductible again thru asurion, i think im gonna see if i can get an early upgrade...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, after a 2.5 foot fall flat on the back, it shouldn't have broken.

All screens are subject to breakage? Ever got your hands on an optimus?

Wasn't seeking attention, and definitely wasn't seeking a troll, but thanks.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, after a 2.5 foot fall flat on the back, it shouldn't have broken.

All screens are subject to breakage? Ever got your hands on an optimus?

Wasn't seeking attention, and definitely wasn't seeking a troll, but thanks.

Since you obviously bought the phone used, did you consider maybe that wasn't the first time it was dropped? I've had my Shift since February of last year and it has been dropped more time than I can count, not even a scratch..

Maybe be just a defective screen, but Gorilla Glass is known for its durability.

Either way, saying you hate a phone because it broke after you dropped it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That wasn't the only reason I hated it. It was a refurbished model from asurion, had it 3 weeks and that little drop should not have broken it, but I don't have to worry about it now. Went ahead and got the early upgrade

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That wasn't the only reason I hated it. It was a refurbished model from asurion, had it 3 weeks and that little drop should not have broken it, but I don't have to worry about it now. Went ahead and got the early upgrade

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you got some satisfaction. Today is my two week date on the Photon, myself, and I do dare say I like it a lot. Very useful, and solid device. When we considered the move to Android, my wife was initially wanting the Shift, I did my research and said no, we're not gonna go with one that old, I don't rhink you'll be happy with it. She's totally happy with the Photon.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Even though the photon goes eol next month... I really do enjoy it thus far

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've seen phones that were EOL'd almost a year ago still in stores, so that's not a terrible thing. And when phones like the Epic and Shift are still selling for $99 and Evo is still available, EOL is a relative thing. I'll take a free Photon over those choices any day and twice on Sunday. ;)

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Test
425775d5-8015-a02d.jpg

Sent from my EVO Shift.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
When mine is that low, I get another 3-4 days out of it ;)

Benefits of driving an 03 cavalier getting almost 40 mpg... ;)

Swyped from my Photon using t-talk.