Replacement for voice dialer

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a new voice dialer app. I hate the stock version. I've demoed a few, but so far nothing seems to work worth a darn. I only use it while driving. I have a very nice Bluetooth headset that I use. I want to be able to make calls while I drive. I need something that can recognize my contacts without a lot of hassle, and something that will allow me to voice confirm yes or no. That's the main problem with the stock dialer. I have to take my hands and eyes off the road and visually confirm my contact. And if the contact is wrong, I have to quickly press end call to keep from dialing the wrong person.

Any suggestions on a good voice dialer?

Thanks.

Daryl

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
yes, I've tried vlingo, assistant, skyvi, voice action, aivc, voice control and at the moment I'm trying eva. So far, none of these have worked very well. Most often, when I'm voice dialing, they can't seem to get my contact correct. SkyVI came the closest, but when I tried to send a text, it just couldn't figure out who I was sending it to, and got the message all wrong. I'm about ready to give up and just forget about the voice dialing.

Thanks

Daryl

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I was demoing Eva over the past two day's, which I finally got frustrated with and removed. Anyway, I was watching a youtube video on the developers site. The person who narrated the video said that Eva works great with lower ended BT headsets, but not with higher ended headsets. The issues that he was describing were exactly the issues that I was having. I'm beginning to think that my headset might be the problem.

For the most part the headset works great, but if the voice recognition software can't recognize who I want to dial, then perhaps I need to look into another headset.

Thanks.

Daryl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463