02-04-2011 01:34 PM
76 1234
tools
    The Shift reminds me a lot of the Tilt2 aka Touch Pro 2 (the best WM6 phone made, and a favorite in spite of its resistive screen and dead-end OS - I traded it in for the Evo). I think the Shift will compete well with the Epic, even with the slightly smaller and non-AMOLED screen. I've heard mixed reports on Samsung phones, but I've only used them with WM6.

I don't know about the G2 hinge, but I liked the tilting feature on my TP2. I would be disappointed if it didn't have an FFC, but in reality, I haven't used it on my Evo.

I'm not going to replace it before 6/4/2011. Who knows what will be out by then?

Doug
    12-30-2010 09:40 AM
    I'm glad this got stickied, people need to research phones before they start bashing them. This phone is a welcomed upgrade.
    MR.MICHIGAN likes this.
    12-31-2010 12:28 AM
    You know I'm really considering getting this, the things stopping me is if the CES reveals a dual core phone for Sprint (unlikely but still). Or that is a vertical slider as said by a few sources (I despise vertical sliders). Other than that I would return my evo and get that.
    12-31-2010 09:11 PM
    It has a FFC
    01-02-2011 09:10 PM
    It makes no sense for Evo owners to buy the Shift. If I didn't have an Evo then yes the Shift would be a good choice, but by the time upgrade comes in June for most original Evo owners something bigger and beter will be out.

As far as screen size goes, I personally couldn't go back to a smaller screen after having the Evo. Not because of the typing, but playing games and watching videos is much nicer on the bigger screen.
    01-02-2011 09:23 PM
    It has a FFC
    Please point me to the FFC. I can't find it. And on the AC front page they list the main specs and don't mention a FFC. Seems like it's important enough to warrant a mention. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I still haven't seen it confirmed by anybody.

(I don't consider that little dot next to the earpiece evidence of a FFC)
    01-02-2011 09:46 PM
    Please point me to the FFC. I can't find it. And on the AC front page they list the main specs and don't mention a FFC. Seems like it's important enough to warrant a mention. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I still haven't seen it confirmed by anybody.

the link says it has dual cameras, but the link also says dual flash, which it doesnt have. :P
    and the screen has Qik on it. strange, huh?
    01-02-2011 09:50 PM
    This may be the phone that make my wife jump ship from her bb tour. The only gripe she has about my evo is the lack of a keyboard. I tell her all the time that she can get used to it. But with the shift, she dont have to be without one.
    01-02-2011 10:03 PM
    I really hope that the little dot next to the earpiece is a FFC. The newest pic looks great!!! New article on AndroidCentral
    01-02-2011 11:20 PM

Click on the source link for the story on the front page. Says FFC, and it has Qik in the picture
    01-02-2011 11:32 PM
    I found these Unofficial Preliminary Spec's at GSM Arena, which includes two camera's and TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors, 3.6 inches. If this holds true I may be going for the Shift from the Palm Pre instead of the EVO. I like the EVO but always felt the screen looked "washed out."
    HTC Evo Shift 4G - Full phone specifications
    01-02-2011 11:47 PM
    Click on the source link for the story on the front page. Says FFC, and it has Qik in the picture
    It's weird. The source article says it, yes, but then it says that walmart says it too, but looking at the walmart screen cap I can't see a FFC mentioned anywhere.

If it really is just a CDMA G2 it won't have one and everybody is wrong. But, this wouldn't be the first time Sprint got a manufacturer to modify a design for them (the Epic 4G isn't like any other carriers Galaxy S phone) so we'll just have to wait for it to be officially revealed.

The QIK app being on the screen isn't proof, either, because how many photoshop errors have we seen being made by companies lately?

Anywho, it's gonna be a great phone whether or not it has a FFC. People get stuck on clock speed and they shouldn't. This phone will be a beast and the you all will see that when the first person gets one and posts benchmark screen shots here showing it beating an EVO.
    01-03-2011 01:53 AM
    ^Let's start taking bets on the FFC? I'm in for 5$ hahah
    01-03-2011 03:59 AM
    ^Let's start taking bets on the FFC? I'm in for 5$ hahah
    In for a Penny...
    01-03-2011 10:35 AM
    Hehe i dunno it looks like it has one in the picture. Mabey we will get lucky & get more info today.
    01-03-2011 11:04 AM
    Posted this in the video chat thread. This site claims to have the new specs, updated today:

UPDATED: Waiting for the Evo Shift? here the official Specifications | T Mobile News & Phone Reviews From Cell Phone Signal
    01-03-2011 11:08 AM
    Dual LED? They might want to double check that one.
    01-03-2011 11:10 AM
    Posted this in the video chat thread. This site claims to have the new specs, updated today:

UPDATED: Waiting for the Evo Shift? here the official Specifications | T Mobile News & Phone Reviews From Cell Phone Signal
    nice, looks like the phone i'll end up getting since i missed radioshacks's evo deal
    01-03-2011 11:13 AM
    Since I have missed having a keyboard since I got rid of my BB Curve 8330 and only got my Optimus S since it was free and I was tired of the hacky way HTC got the Hero running on Sprint, I will probably get one of these since I'm not a huge Samsung fan.
    01-04-2011 09:07 PM
    I don't have one yet but I read on one of the other forums the differences in the EVO and EVO Shift and one thing that will be missing is the front facing camera because of the keyboard.
    01-08-2011 02:22 PM
    i have the evo, it wont be missed too much, i trust me the FFC wont be missed too much. I think i may have used it twice to take a pic.
    01-09-2011 10:15 PM
    i have the evo, it wont be missed too much, i trust me the FFC wont be missed too much. I think i may have used it twice to take a pic.
    maybe for you, but I use mine quite a bit.

it was an idiotic decision to exclude it, don't remove features, add them!

I can see a keyboard and a smaller screen for women and those with girly hands or those that wear really tight pants (women and feminine men lol) but why remove the FFC?
    01-10-2011 06:28 PM
    nice. maybe some men who arent feminine or wear tight pants just want a normal sized phone instead of a mini tablet.
    01-10-2011 06:50 PM
    Updated it a little
    01-20-2011 12:34 AM
    I can see a keyboard and a smaller screen for women and those with girly hands or those that wear really tight pants (women and feminine men lol) but why remove the FFC?
    Well, it's the reason I got the Shift rather then the original EVO. The original was just too big for my hands, I'd be dropping it constantly.

And I gotta say, I am loving this phone so far. Former iPhone user, now Android fangirl.

-Peska
    02-03-2011 08:29 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD