The Evo vs The Evo Shift!

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Its time to go to war with these two phones! :eek:
What will you do.. keep the Evo or dump it for the Shift!?

Last edited:

Youssef7

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Why would you do that? What if the shift never gets the updates. Like 3.0 or 3.1 and so on.
3.0 needs a 1ghz to run 3.0

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The hacking developing community is where me and dex get updates so no worries there ;), besides the the fact that this at 800mhz is more power the the evo at 1ghz.

I might sell my evo for 300 and grab this for 150. Hmm, decisions.

And btw, google has never said its going to put processor requirements on the updates. Its purely rumor.

Last edited:

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Why would you do that? What if the shift never gets the updates. Like 3.0 or 3.1 and so on.

That makes no sense considering the 800mhz proc in this(if it's the same as the G2) is better than the 1ghz proc in the Evo.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It all boils down to what you want the shift will be nice but I'm willing to bet that we will see an evo replacement and it will make the shift feel like a joke. The shift will most likely get 3.0 who knows about the evo

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

That 1GHZ krap was a rumor...

obviously if HTC puts out a Phone like the G2 that has a processor which Runs Circles around my EVO *Thx for stealing my thunder igotsanevo4g* Gingerbread and Future Releases dont require that... Its recommended... Not Needed...

The hacking developing community is where me and dex get updates so no worries there ;), besides the the fact that this at 800mhz is more power the the evo at 1ghz.

I might sell my evo for 300 and grab this for 150. Hmm, decisions.

And btw, google has never said its going to put processor requirements on the updates. Its purely rumor.

Stole my thunder... :confused:

But yea... If it dont Exist I'll code it myself and make it work... If im too lazy i'll wait for one of us to do it... :cool:

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep the EVO. No need to step down and use a physical plastic keyboard that just adds more bulk to the phone. Plus those keyboard phones seem to be aimed at teenagers.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
i think i like the shift regardless of the keyboard for the screen size. if the z and g2 are any indication, it won't add that much bulk and you don't have to use it. plus i mean its kind of silly to talk about bulk when you own the second biggest phone out there. the evo is hard to use its so big.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll keep the EVO. No need to step down and use a physical plastic keyboard that just adds more bulk to the phone. Plus those keyboard phones seem to be aimed at teenagers.

K Grandpa... :p

Personally I like the Keyboard regardless if its aimed at teens

using swype is not nearly as quick as physical keyboard... I love my Evo but i need Function

I think the Keyboard will free me from my BB obsession at long last

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I want the keyboard for games. I want to load this up with an emulator and old school SNES games.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I want the keyboard for games. I want to load this up with an emulator and old school SNES games.

Texting Emails and Super Hack-ability... Thats just how I Roll... lol

My Blackberry isnt even Running Official Software... Pshhht :cool:

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
see now i just came over from BB to android about 4 days ago...ive wanted the EVO since it was announced and now im pretty nervous about the EVO in 4 months being old news. I wouldnt want the SHIFT cause i dont want a slide out qwerty. so i guess ill stick with the EVO

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have no doubt the Evo 2 or whatever will come out this summer sometime but I don't think the Evo will be old news. There are a lot of people buying phones like the Optimus or Transform right now and they are going to be using them for 1-2 years+ so the Evo will be fine.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Noway no how they gone have to pry this phone from my cold dead hands! LOL
Lol, I use to say the same thing about my palm pre. Now I have an open mind to all devices. However, the shift hasn't impress me yet. Waiting for the prize fight on both phones.

Ps. My vote goes for the EVO. Yea!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech