Pay out right for the Shift?

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
K I needed to Ask this...

Who else is seriously considering coming out of pocket out right for this baby...

I personally wouldnt Mind having both my EVO and EVO Shift Just Switch between the 2 whenever I see fit

anyone else here with me?

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are still using a flip phone on a plan that is about $56 a month for the both of us. Her contract is up but I am still a year out on my 2 year contract. I will be buying mine for pretty much full price minus the $75 you get if you upgrade 1 year early. I don't think I will be eligible for any mail in rebates or instant rebates on mine.

It is too bad Sprint doesn't have some sort of upgrade option for those of us still using old phones without data/texting options who want to upgrade to smart phones. I do not meet the requirements for premium member status since I have only been with sprint 7 years and our plan does not meet the minimum monthly money requirements which means I am on a 2 year upgrade cycle even though I have the primary number on the plan.

It is kind of a hard pill to swallow knowing I will be paying 149.99 a month for a family plan(with 4G premium) AND buying two new smart phones and they can't give me the new member price on both of them. Not much I can do though other than wait a year which is out of the question or pay the early termination fee and switch carriers which I don't want to do because I like Sprints monthly pricing, truly unlimited plan(no 5GB cap for 4G phones), we live in a 4G area and my wife really likes Sprint's call quality. We NEVER have dropped calls.

So yeah, one of my new Evo Shift's will be almost full price.

Last edited:

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You may be wrong. If you upcharge your plan they may work with you to get a better phone since Ultimately its more money for them

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I paid full for my evo, due for an upgrade but saving it, not sure the shift is going to make me want to switch

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Agreed

Hit up a Bestbuy They work on commission they will help you out

I worked at Best Buy for a while and the one thing we said to customers the most was "We don't work on commission". Granted, I didn't sell phones, but I can't imagine that this is true.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They have goals but aren't paid commission. My best friend works for a stand alone best buy mobile.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Really... Hmmm I need to talk to my Friend at BB that sold me mine

She owes me a Date too BTW Thx for Calling me out on that Total Reminder! :cool:

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
hmmmm -

If you keep an eye out and have some patience, you can find these phone for less than MSRP on craigslist/ebay/etc. A bit more legwork and all, but you can get EVO, for example, for cheaper. Put TEP on your account when switching phones and you can always get a replacement if something is wrong with it.

Just throwing out ideas. I'd imagine customer service or retentions would eventually help out but it's going to be lots of arguing, supervisor please, etc. on the phone. I don't personally like that game and avoid it but perhaps you don't mind.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I might either buy it outright after selling my evo, or just wait until this summer and see what's up by that point in time. Maybe a evo 2? :O

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Sure you still want the shift? Rumors say its a vertical slider. It looks nice, but until we get official specs, I'm a little edgy about getting this over the EVO

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Have you seen the phone Dark Phoenix? If not, you might want to look around for it. There's plenty of pics on the internet. It's not a 'rumor.'

Reactions: MR.MICHIGAN

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Tndank, I meant there are rumors supporting the concept of a vertical slider (see the sprint security handbook or w/e, shows a vertical slider). I have seen it, and believe 110% its real, just won't believe the specs [yet], because in the past for phones specs were waaaay off.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
If it was a vertical slider I would not buy it, even if it was a 2ghz dual core with a AMOLED screen. But, based on every leaked picture out there it isn't one.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Every other pic we've seen has it as a side slider. Every other ad shows a side slider. I think the vertical slide pic was misprint

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Agreed

Hit up a Bestbuy They work on commission they will help you out

They don't work commission. Commission means they would earn a certin percentage off what they sold. All Best Buy employes get is a pat on the back for helping the store make a sale.

as for the shift, no way. Its a huge step back from my existing EVO

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
They don't work commission. Commission means they would earn a certin percentage off what they sold. All Best Buy employes get is a pat on the back for helping the store make a sale.

as for the shift, no way. Its a huge step back from my existing EVO

What makes it a huge step back?

Sent from my myTouch 4G

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
My plan:
-Steal my relatives upgrade ;)
-Switch the phone to my account
-Use my evo as a mini-tablet/dev phone
-When my upgrade comes around in august
****DUAL-CORE BABY*****
To some people three phones in one year may sound ridiculous, but to me it sound like heaven lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11