Anyone else waiting for another "evo" phone?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has said that they are making a line of the Evo name, much like verizon and droid. Because of this ive decided ill wait until another Evo-line device comes out and not steal my family members upgrade and just use mine this summer.

Who's with me!?

Oh and btw, im gonna call it right now that the Evo 2 will be = Desire HD w/4G = Thunderbolt on verzion. I have for seen the future.

Last edited:

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't decide. I love a hardware keyboard but still don't want outdated technology in 4 months. I wish it was at least a 1 GHz processor with a FFC and more ROM (only 371 mb left in the hands on preview) and RAM. I've been due for an upgrade since October and am trying to patiently wait for a new superphone for sprint. Thank god my hero is rooted or it would be in the trash right now.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I can't decide. I love a hardware keyboard but still don't want outdated technology in 4 months. I wish it was at least a 1 GHz processor with a FFC and more ROM (only 371 mb left in the hands on preview) and RAM. I've been due for an upgrade since October and am trying to patiently wait for a new superphone for sprint. Thank god my hero is rooted or it would be in the trash right now.

The processor at 800mhz is faster/more powerful than the evo's at 1ghz. Its second generation. Read the stickies.

You have 3 android choices on sprint and they ALL kick the hell outta the hero lol. I wouldnt wait if i was you.

Zardos

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys really use the FFC so much much that it decides on a purchase?

Im getting this phone for real, the only reason I don't have an Evo is the lack of a keyboard.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys really use the FFC so much much that it decides on a purchase?

Im getting this phone for real, the only reason I don't have an Evo is the lack of a keyboard.

Can't speak for anyone else but I use my ffc quite frequently.

All phones should just have our period.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

etbrandt

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I might pick it up, I figure I can return it in the 30 days if LG announces the 2X coming to Sprint, or give it to my wife and steal her upgrade down the road (her company is migrating to Exchange and they will be supporting phones other than blackberrys finally...she is sick of her 8330)

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I am going to wait and see what is announced at CES. If no firm dates are given other than Q1, Q2, etc... I will pull the trigger on it this weekend. If they announce a super phone is coming in January or February I would probably wait. I figure if a new phone is released in June or whenever then I would only be 6 months away from it if I upgrade now which is the same amount of time we are away from June so I would have quite awhile to play with a new phone but at the same time not have a full upgrade cycle to wait again. I have no smart phone right now so waiting is really getting difficult for me.

I really do not see Sprint releasing a replacement to the Evo so soon since the Evo has only been out for around 6 months which means most current Evo owner's would not be willing to buy the new phone right now. I see the summer as a very likely time. Though I am sure the people who read forums like this would probably be ready. Unfortunately we are definitely the minority.

It doesn't help that I went to Radio Shack last night and played with one either. It feels really nice in my hand. I love the size of it.

Last edited:

etbrandt

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am going to wait and see what is announced at CES. If no firm dates are given other than Q1, Q2, etc... I will pull the trigger on it this weekend. If they announce a super phone is coming in January or February I would probably wait. I figure if a new phone is released in June or whenever then I would only be 6 months away from it if I upgrade now which is the same amount of time we are away from June so I would have quite awhile to play with a new phone but at the same time not have a full upgrade cycle to wait again. I have no smart phone right now so waiting is really getting difficult for me.

I really do not see Sprint releasing a replacement to the Evo so soon since the Evo has only been out for around 6 months which means most current Evo owner's would not be willing to buy the new phone right now. I see the summer as a very likely time. Though I am sure the people who read forums like this would probably be ready. Unfortunately we are definitely the minority.

It doesn't help that I went to Radio Shack last night and played with one either. It feels really nice in my hand. I love the size of it.

I think we are pretty well done as far as CES goes. Only thing left that might apply to us on Sprint are the details of the Optimus 2X US release (which I think they said they might talk about today). Here's to hoping for a multi-carrier release!

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
god damn it.
sony Xperia Arc
moto Droid Bionic
moto Atrix
samsung Infuse
LG optimus 2x
LG optimus Black
HTC inspire
HTC thunderbolt

and we get the 3.6" EVO shift?

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
god damn it.
sony Xperia Arc
moto Droid Bionic
moto Atrix
samsung Infuse
LG optimus 2x
LG optimus Black
HTC inspire
HTC thunderbolt

and we get the 3.6" EVO shift?

True but the thing is we have that phone now. The other phones were only just announced which means they are probably months away from release at least. By the time they do come out Sprint will probably have more info out on an Evo 2 or whatever since by this summer the Evo will be a year old. It is still only a half a year old and people still love them, at least people who don't read Android forums which most do not. They look at a display in a store and still like what they see and if it can do everything their friend's phone can do they are sold.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
MY EVO is super awesome for me. Not rooted because I don't think I need it. Maybe someday I'll see what the hype is in rooting your phone.

I love this phone - and eagerly waiting on the EVO 2, or 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance