QuickOffice weirdness with 4-way nav?

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
I was playing with the EVO Shift 4G at the Sprint store today. (Very busy, no salespeople had time to bother me.)

Generally speaking, I like the keyboard. I'm a little faster on the Epic keyboard in a side-by-side test -- I think because the buttons are much taller I'm more confident -- but I have no complaints about HTC's keyboard.

But... when editing in QuickOffice, pressing the left side of the little 4-way navigation controller seemed to be mapped to a one-level undo: it simply erased whatever I had recently typed. It's hard to imagine a worse thing to do to someone trying to compose a document, so this can't have been by design.

Was it just the display model or is this a bug others can replicate?

(On the display model, someone turned off auto-rotate in the settings. When I turned it back on, the phone got stuck in upside-down landscape mode. Perhaps it already needs a reset on its first day...)

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
I bought one of these guys this AM and it appears to be a bug in the software. Now, to try to report it to someone...

(Submitted to Quickoffice support and HTC support)

Last edited:

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
So... HTC and Quickoffice each point the finger at the other. The latest version of Quickoffice in the market does NOT have the problem, so perhaps we can hope for an update. (Motorola's "business ready" Droids already have the full version, but HTC seems to have other priorities.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC