GPS on Shift

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using "Places" both around my office and home with no problem. It locks me and finds the things in the area I'm looking for right away.

I've tested the directions 3 times to show friends and it's worked every time with no issue.

I would have to say between both those tests that the GPS is working fine.

cadavev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i used the telenav on my shift last night and it worked great i was looking for a restuarant in a city i was not familair with and it was loud and clear on where to go.

hammondnav

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Works fine here. Locks on quick, and never seems to lose accuracy. I haven't used an EPIC so I can't compare, but EVO Shift is just fine.

davecttt

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a heavy user

My car has built-in GPS, so I don't anticipate using the GPS that often. That being said we were in my wife's car that does not have GPS and looking for a place to eat. The navigator did a fairly good job at getting us there. Not as nice as a dedicated GPS unit, but did the job.

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I use my Gps all the time, i don't have one built in my car so i use my shift. It works great, its quick accurate and efficient.

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It works very well IMO. A far sight better than my previous phone (Pre), which would mislead me (literally) or not be able to find a satellite.

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It works very well IMO. A far sight better than my previous phone (Pre), which would mislead me (literally) or not be able to find a satellite.

That's odd. While I won't argue that this phone is superior to the Pre in every way, I never had a problem with the GPS. Certainty not to the point where it gave me wrong directions. In fact, it saved my ass a few times when I was out in the middle of nowhere and need to find something in a hurry (tire repair shop).

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. While I won't argue that this phone is superior to the Pre in every way, I never had a problem with the GPS. Certainty not to the point where it gave me wrong directions. In fact, it saved my ass a few times when I was out in the middle of nowhere and need to find something in a hurry (tire repair shop).

I should clarify that it was Sprint Navigation on the Pre that had so many problems (so many that I stopped using it altogether). Google Maps worked perfectly with GPS.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i just got mine yesterday and its been great.. gps was right on... but i just checked it and for some reason it says im about 1/4 mile away from where i actually am.. and my signal has been fluctuating some.. maybe something is up with the network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12