Hit 48 hrs on battery

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get 48 hours on light use which I think is amazing. I had around 50 texts, and hour and a half or so of phone calls, a little web use and around 1.5 to 2 hours of listening to audio through the speaker. Granted I would normally use my phone more but I wanted to see how long I could go with light use.

Very nice...congrats.

I think I'm gonna try to see how long I can make on single charge now just to compare.

What battery conserving steps did you take?

Thanks.

A little list of things to do, check and or disable;

1. Use spare parts and find out whats killing your battery ie partial wake usage, cpu etc.
2. Turn your window animations from all to only some animations
3. Turn off automatic display and keep it around 20-30%
4. I have auto sync off on all my appz (E-mail, Gmail, Facebook etc.). I update my E-mail and such manually.
5. Turn off data when not using it. I find data accounts for around 15-25% of juice used and thats just when on idle. You can also turn off Backroud data as well.
6. Only use widgets on the homescreen if you really have to (Running widgets use a lot of power over time)
7. Use Android Hackers tool from the market and it will break down how long your cpu was in a certain state. ie my cpu spent 65% at 245mhz and 28% at 806mhz.
8. Keep off 4G, Bluetooth and wirless networks for location. Also GPS if not using it (GPS uses less power than wireless networks and is more accurate the Network locations) I assigned Quick Settings to open when I hold down the search button. That makes it easy to enable/disable any of these setting within seconds.
9. Turn off google talk and make sure it doesnt sign in automatically (most people dont realise this)
10. Turn screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds (if longer your phone can keep the display on accidentally while in your pocket if a button is pressed, wasting power)
11. Dont use a task killer unless its to kill an app you know drains your battery and therefore must be closed to save juice
12. Check your apps. Some apps keep using cpu etc because they were not programed correctly. (some appz I've found to drain my battery are; Yahoo Mail, Craigslist, AndTorrent and the market if a download is hung up. There are a few others I cant remember off the top of my head) If your phone is getting hot for no apparent reason this may be the cause.
13. Calibrate your battery by bump charging (charge your phone till its full while on, turn it off and charge till its full again. Then bump charge it around 5-7 times) Wipe battery stats if applicable. If you have a car charger, plug your phone in on the way to work to account for the little bit of drain that occurs once the phone is fully charged yet still on the charger.

Remeber I was using much less than I usually would normally but I didnt not answer phone calls or texts etc. This phone does amazing at idle.

Last edited:

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
An hour+ of voice with results like that is pretty impressive.
I sure hope you have unlimited minutes if you used 60+ minutes in 2 days.
Although it seems like you left your screen off a lot.

That's usually what kills me. For some reason I can't seem to just leave my phone in my pocket. I'm always checking something.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

big_bopper

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Very nice...congrats.

I think I'm gonna try to see how long I can make on single charge now just to compare.

What battery conserving steps did you take?

Thanks.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get 48 hours on light use which I think is amazing. I had around 50 texts, and hour and a half or so of phone calls, a little web use and around 1.5 to 2 hours of listening to audio through the speaker. Granted I would normally use my phone more but I wanted to see how long I could go with light use.

could you possibly tell me what app/widget that is? thnx

Tomeygun

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
A little list of things to do, check and or disable;

1. Use spare parts and find out whats killing your battery ie partial wake usage, cpu etc.
13. Calibrate your battery by bump charging (charge your phone till its full while on, turn it off and charge till its full again. Then bump charge it around 5-7 times) Wipe battery stats if applicable. If you have a car charger, plug your phone in on the way to work to account for the little bit of drain that occurs once the phone is fully charged yet still on the charger.

Remeber I was using much less than I usually would normally but I didnt not answer phone calls or texts etc. This phone does amazing at idle.

WOW, just wow. I have been at about 12 hrs max, moderate use. Questions for you:

1) What main clock/weather widget is that?
2) Which battery monitor is that? I like it better than batterylife
3) Most of the above I have tried, BUT I am not aware how to stop google talk, I could not find that anywhere in setting, etc

I can also note that my batt life is getting better with time. Maybe because I am playing less, or maybe because the battery is wearing in, who knows.

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
could you possibly tell me what app/widget that is? thnx

WOW, just wow. I have been at about 12 hrs max, moderate use. Questions for you:

1) What main clock/weather widget is that?
2) Which battery monitor is that? I like it better than batterylife
3) Most of the above I have tried, BUT I am not aware how to stop google talk, I could not find that anywhere in setting, etc

I can also note that my batt life is getting better with time. Maybe because I am playing less, or maybe because the battery is wearing in, who knows.

I'm using Circular battery indicator from the market, though I think it has dissapeared so you would have to get regular battery indicator which is free. I'm using Fancy Widgets for the clock.
What is Teila's number?

Its 909-945-897....Wait what? LOL

Krgdesigns

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, So now we only have to go through 10 numbers to find her number! Thanks for having a sense of humor about it, I was going to joke about it but didn't want to offend anyone.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is making me happy right after switching from the epic. Even with the extended battery I was just getting a day.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

fifedogg

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
This is making me happy right after switching from the epic. Even with the extended battery I was just getting a day.

You have to remember I was going for this. When used normal I can use all the juice in 1 work day or 10-12 hours. I listen to a lot of audio, play angry birds, download stuff, surf the web etc.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You have to remember I was going for this. When used normal I can use all the juice in 1 work day or 10-12 hours. I listen to a lot of audio, play angry birds, download stuff, surf the web etc.

Yeah I understand. My old pre lasted 2-4 days of average use, but I could easily kill it in a matter of hours if I chose to. I'm on 24 hours and at 62%. Going to charge and go to normal use and see the difference.

Fnordish

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Impresssive, even with that level of usage.

I thought I was doing well getting 20ish hours (slightly heavier use) but you've really set the bar higher.

Cheers for the tips!

cmhgreg

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Those looking to further increase their battery time should check out Green Power. Its a free app that automatically manages your data and wifi connections according to a custom schedule that is very easy to set up.

I'm typically pretty hard on my phone - lots of voice calls, lots of texts, lots of emails and light web surfing. I haven't been keeping any stats, but my real world experience is that before Green Power I was getting anywhere from 8 to 10 hours before needing a recharge. Since installing Green Power, I'm getting 14 to 16 hours. My daughter is also seeing a similar improvement on her EVO.

There is a free version of Green Power that will suffice for most users. The only difference in the Pro version is it adds a "Night Mode" (when most people have their phones on chargers anyway).

I'm not affiliated with Green Power at all. Just a satisfied user.

Reactions: Kathy145

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781