Speed of Shift vs. Screen,FFC of Evo 4G

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've held working models of both side by side. The Shift screen is actually much small than I imagined (not even double my BB). My vision isn't the best so I'm dumping the BB for a bigger/horizontal capable display.

I plan to thether my new phone so I'm wondering if the speed difference between the two phones would be significant for internet access? I'm drawn to the Evo 4G for screen size and FFC, but may have to rethink regarding the tethering issue.

A final consideration is battery life. With the Shift being so new there isn't much info yet. At the Sprint store they were telling me that "after a few weeks the batteries on the Evo 4G's seem to weaken-lasting only 4 or 5 hours. Sometimes we give a replacement-sometimes just tell people to buy an extended battery."

Been reading the forums for a while and I appreciate all the contributors!

gggplaya

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
As far as battery life the evo shift should be much better than the EVO. It has a new processor that is faster than the EVO's (don't read into clock speed too much these days) so it should accomplish tasks faster and go back to idle sooner. Also the processor itself is based on 45nm technology instead of 65nm, meaning small transistor size, meaning it uses less voltage and current to operate, it also wastes less energy as heat. Not to mention the smaller screen. All of this should add up to better battery life than the evo.

I don't think it's the batteries in the evo's going bad, i think it's just people putting more and more poorly written apps on their phone as the weeks go bye. My evo battery would last me most of my day from 7am till about 9pm when i got home. I didn't use it much of the day though, mostly just a few texts here and there.

Reactions: Got2buzz

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I've got the EVO. Invested in extended battery and extended battery ruggedized combo case. Battery life is awesome with the extended battery and coming from a Pre Plus, the screen size is awesome. The physical keyboard had me considering a switch to the Shift, but the screen size and FFC plus accessories investment will keep me happy for a couple years. If the shift had the same screen size and FFC, I'd switch in a second.

Reactions: Got2buzz