I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, buy I'm having issues with my new HTC Evo Shift, when I take pictures with the phone the picture looks good, but when I go into 'gallery' all I get is a bunch of lines, kinda like a window shade. Sounds interesting, but I would like to know if anybody else has this issue, and if/how they were able to fix it...
    01-14-2011 11:32 AM
    WOAH!!!! that is something crazy. that seems to be something that can only be cured by a new Shift. this is going to sound stupid, but have you tried restarting your phone and seeing if they are normal after a reboot?
    01-14-2011 11:38 AM
    weird i have not seen that with mine the pics look beautiful.
    01-14-2011 11:47 AM
    Yikes! I'd try a different sdcard, too.
    01-14-2011 12:08 PM
    WOAH!!!! that is something crazy. that seems to be something that can only be cured by a new Shift. this is going to sound stupid, but have you tried restarting your phone and seeing if they are normal after a reboot?
    Yeah, I even tried to switch SD cards... the interesting thing is, some pictures will look good before I actually touch it to view when in the gallery...
    01-14-2011 12:10 PM
    What about if you hook it to a computer? Are the files good and just the viewer on the phone is bad?
    01-14-2011 12:20 PM
    Yeah, I even tried to switch SD cards... the interesting thing is, some pictures will look good before I actually touch it to view when in the gallery...
    Hmm I'm stumped. The same problem happened with me when I had my mytouch, but it was not as serious as this case. For me I just had to suck up my sadness and do a factory reset and it solved my problem, as well as wiped everything I had saved to the phone.
    01-14-2011 12:32 PM
    Well the pics that I posted are through a PC...

I just made a factory reset and it works great, I'm gonna try to put everything back with Titanium Backup and I'll keep you posted....
    01-14-2011 01:37 PM
    I had that happen when I used Vignette to take a pic. Camera 360 nor the stock camera app's do it. I restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled Vignette and it keeps doing it.
    01-14-2011 04:52 PM
    Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. I'd like to understand it more.

Matt
    Sprint Product Ambassador Team
    01-14-2011 08:07 PM
    see i knew a reset would work fine.
    01-15-2011 01:15 PM
    Well I restored everything with Titanium Backup except for the 'camera' and 'gallery', and it's working fine, thanx guys...
    01-15-2011 06:40 PM