Play in keyboard when shut?

guitark8

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
How do your keyboards feel when shut? I definitely get a little bit of play...nothing concerning, unless it ever got noticeably worse. This is my first slider phone, so I guess it's to be expected to a small degree?

really loving this phone.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems real stiff but my wife's has a very, very small amount of play. She hasn't said anything about it and loves her new phone with a passion and I will not ruin that by saying anything to her about it, LOL. Besides she wants to put a case on it which will probably work better if it isn't super stiff. I assume it will happen to mine in time as the slider gets worked a little. I don't mind as long as it isn't accidentally opening on me when I don't want it to.

Outsyd

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
very very little wiggle, almost as if the indent for the catch ball is slightly oversized. I dont think it will be a problem in the long run. Make sure to take the protective covering off the sides of the slider and the ack of the screen, it will give it a more fluid slide.

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
very very little wiggle, almost as if the indent for the catch ball is slightly oversized. I dont think it will be a problem in the long run. Make sure to take the protective covering off the sides of the slider and the ack of the screen, it will give it a more fluid slide.

Hahaha... I hadn't even noticed the protective covering there. LOL

JayJay2917

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I had small amount of play right out of the box, got a new one from the dealer, and it felt the same. Even the display did it...but I have been working the hell out of this phone before my 30 day is up...I am pretty sold on this monster

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its an HTC slider I have had 4 an PPC6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2 and now the Shift. All of the older ones developed some wiggle but this device feels better then the others. This device feels solid when closed I am sure at sole point it will develop some looseness but just from the feel of things so far I think it will last longer than my other sliders did.

MHO,
Dave

drjed

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the cover on the back that says google a protective cover or a sticker? Before reading this post I started to remove it but it almost seemed more like a sticker than the other protective coverings that came off really easy so I left it alone.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the cover on the back that says google a protective cover or a sticker? Before reading this post I started to remove it but it almost seemed more like a sticker than the other protective coverings that came off really easy so I left it alone.

You can take them off if you want but I always leave them on it doesn't huts ether way.

Cool,
Dave

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

It is a protective cover. When you remove it your phone still says "with Google".

bahall

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I left mine on.. t seems to keep the slider more sturdy with not as much play. Just make sure you have insurance on your phones.. its only a magnet that hold it in place. Not like the normal sprint loaded phones.

star444

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I left mine on.. t seems to keep the slider more sturdy with not as much play. Just make sure you have insurance on your phones.. its only a magnet that hold it in place. Not like the normal sprint loaded phones.

I agree that it makes it feel sturdier. After I took the protective coating off the back I began to feel a slight wiggle that I hadn't felt before. As a result, I decided not to remove the protective coating on the sides of the keyboard.

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been able to make it tight by flipping the clips to the side so that the opening of the clip is sideways pointing away from the phone. If you slide open the keyboard and on the back you will see a small clip above the gold strip, turn the clip sideways with a small pin and this will make the phone tight when closed. You have to do this on both sides.

Reactions: nbunn3

StAlphonso

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i kinda wish i never took the covering off the back off the screen....my keyboard opens a little too easily now and i worry its gonna get looser over time too....just gonna have to be more careful i guess (a little too nervous to try the gold pin turning idea above me)

nbunn3

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i kinda wish i never took the covering off the back off the screen....my keyboard opens a little too easily now and i worry its gonna get looser over time too....just gonna have to be more careful i guess (a little too nervous to try the gold pin turning idea above me)

I was a little nervous too, but as curious as i am, i grabbed my knife and flipped them just now. I didnt exactly know what i was flipping at first but its the little plastic looking piece ABOVE the gold strip.. I flipped it and WOW. It definitely helped.. alot.. so dont be afraid:) it works wonders. Now i love it more. LOL

nbunn3

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been able to make it tight by flipping the clips to the side so that the opening of the clip is sideways pointing away from the phone. If you slide open the keyboard and on the back you will see a small clip above the gold strip, turn the clip sideways with a small pin and this will make the phone tight when closed. You have to do this on both sides.

WOW!!!! Worked wonders. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21