Howdy all,

Q:
    How many insertion\separations is a microusb jack rated for? (My htc apache miniusb has failed and I just retired it for the shift. I got the apache in 2006 but immediately stuck a big battery on it which meant that didn't connect the usb as much\often as I might have.

I'm concerned that the microusb could fail long before I'm interested in replacing the phone.

As a strategy, I'm considering other batteries and an external charger.

Q2:
    Who makes\sells good batteries\chargers for the evo shift? Any significant extended batteries?

Thx,

Rick
    01-19-2011 02:20 PM
    Cant answer your first question but in regards to your second I believe the Shift and the OG share the exact same battery(I am new as well, so do your research first). If this is the case, then theres plenty of battery choices out there that should work out for you and your Shift. Some have had great experience with Seidio Batteries that offer 1500, 1750, 3k etc.

There's also that 2x battery case that has been selling on amazon:

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x Battery + Travel Charger, Evo Shift, Verizon HTC Droid Incredible, Sprint Hero, Touch Pro2, Snap, Ozone: Cell Phones & Accessories
    ^ there's the link. Amazon description also says its compatible with the Shift but like I said do your research in case.

Good luck!!
    01-19-2011 02:50 PM
    Tho it's the same battery, some of the expanded batteries require a different back panel of which there are NONE produced yet.
    01-19-2011 04:47 PM
    Cant answer your first question but in regards to your second I believe the Shift and the OG share the exact same battery(I am new as well, so do your research first). If this is the case, then theres plenty of battery choices out there that should work out for you and your Shift. Some have had great experience with Seidio Batteries that offer 1500, 1750, 3k etc.

There's also that 2x battery case that has been selling on amazon:

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x Battery + Travel Charger, Evo Shift, Verizon HTC Droid Incredible, Sprint Hero, Touch Pro2, Snap, Ozone: Cell Phones & Accessories
    ^ there's the link. Amazon description also says its compatible with the Shift but like I said do your research in case.

Good luck!!
    I like the idea of having extra batteries as shown, but... I've only taken the back off my Evo Shift a couple of times and I worried that it was going to break each time. I wonder if the back can withstand the stress of frequent battery changes.
    01-19-2011 05:18 PM
    The USB port will last many times longer than the back of your phone will if you remove it every time you need to charge the battery.
    01-19-2011 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD