Bugs and Problems

gk1232

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The Shift 4G is my first Android phone and I am encountering a lot of bugs. For example, although I have set and reset the various volumes several times, the ringer still goes back to being loud as hell. The volume bar shows the same reading (low) but that's not the volume output. I turned off all vibrate everything and yet, after a while, it will start vibrating for everything--when a call connects, as I am dialing a phone number, etc. The settings menu still shows all vibration settings at off, though. The Bluetooth output volume (when it is hooked up to my car and in use) is very strange. When I turn that volume to the max, it is actually quieter, when I turn it down, it gets louder until it is about two clicks away from being off--that is its loudest point. Very odd. And, yesterday, I'm just sitting here doing nothing with my phone next to me and it starts playing some music. I don't use it as a music playing but apparently it came with some songs in it as a demo or something. Just started playing all by itself when I wasn't even touching it. I've turned the thing off a few time to see if that helps, but nothing. Is this a software problem or do I have a defective piece of hardware? Any insight would be appreciated.

GoneTomorrow

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The volume button on the Shift is horribly implemented - I hit it inadvertently very often, mostly when holding the phone in landscape mode. Are you perhaps doing this also, and not realizing it? If not, I would say either do a hard reset (not a big hassle since you just got it), or take it to Sprint and see what their techs can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance