I love the Shift and almost everything about it. Except that the power on/lock button is hard to use. It feels like there is very little feedback/very little "click" and has to be pressed at certain angles. Kinda like its sticky.

Is this normal for all Shifts? Or just mine? Its becoming very annoying because every time I press it, it has to be a hard enough press that I accidentally hit the volume rocker or cause play between the screen and keyboard (something which I don't want). Is there supposed to be a strong click?

The TP2 had a similarly cheap power on button, but atleast there was better feedback. Did I just get a bad phone? I hate to change it because everything else is 100% and the keyboard is 100% uniform in it's backlight, and I'm afraid BB will end up giving me something with more issues.
    01-22-2011 07:09 PM
    I have noticed while there is little feedback, there is a definite click when I hit the button.

Also, after adding a case the power button is easier to find when there is a cutout around it.
    01-22-2011 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance man. I do feel a slight click, but its like its very soft, not hard and definite/audible, if that's what you mean.
    01-22-2011 08:27 PM
    My wife's shift has the perfect feeling button. Mine sounds more like yours. About half the time I can't even tell I pushed it. It does always work well though and I have used it enough to bt used to the location of it
    01-22-2011 08:33 PM
    It has taken me some time to get used to it as well. My button has little movement and its hard to hit from the top on the device. I have gotten used to almost pressing in from the back towards the front rather than from top to bottom.

Dose that make sense,
    Dave
    01-22-2011 09:06 PM
    It works well if you use the index finger of your left hand: cradle the Shift in your left hand with thumb on the volume rocker and index finger extended, and it rests right on the power button.
    01-23-2011 02:06 AM
    Mine is nice and stiff, little pop but not to much play as i like it!
    01-23-2011 02:48 AM
    The placement of the power button is my only annoyance so far. In my hand it is no big deal, but when it is in my cradle at work, or in the car, I almost have to remove it to reach it.

Not much can be done, and a personal annoyance. Still love the phone, but no phone will be perfect unless I were to design it myself.
    01-23-2011 07:41 AM
    Most of the issues I've had with my power button have been due to not completely reseating the battery cover...you have to press it down along the seam all the way around the perimeter of the cover.

All those little catches are what make it feel as if your going to break it every time you pull it off...this is one of the few areas that I kind of prefered my old Moment.
    01-23-2011 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD