So I was wondering, has anybodies phone started restarting itself at random times or just completely turned itself off? Mine has been doing this for about a week, I kind of ignore it because it seems like there is not much i can do, and I cannot necessarily take it into sprint because as I said it is on it's own random occurrence cycle and they are betchis who would want to see the problem first hand before they do anything. Because I'm pretty sure what they will do involves: turning the phone off and removing the battery for 30 seconds and then replacing the battery and powering the phone on (which is the universal ******ED problem solving trick that never works) "OH! We fixed your phone " "...no....you didn't.."

Anyway I think I am ranting now, back to my question! Has anybody's phone been doing weird things such as turning itself off, restarting itself, or just doing anything it should be doing?
    01-23-2011 08:40 AM
    oh look at that, just did it again for going into the market. and if any of you are wondering, yes i did search and install any phone updates.
    01-23-2011 08:42 AM
    So I was wondering, has anybodies phone started restarting itself at random times or just completely turned itself off? Mine has been doing this for about a week, I kind of ignore it because it seems like there is not much i can do, and I cannot necessarily take it into sprint because as I said it is on it's own random occurrence cycle and they are betchis who would want to see the problem first hand before they do anything. Because I'm pretty sure what they will do involves: turning the phone off and removing the battery for 30 seconds and then replacing the battery and powering the phone on (which is the universal ******ED problem solving trick that never works) "OH! We fixed your phone " "...no....you didn't.."

Anyway I think I am ranting now, back to my question! Has anybody's phone been doing weird things such as turning itself off, restarting itself, or just doing anything it should be doing?
    Sorry not here, but that seems very annoying. I would initially think there is a battery contact issue, because if it powers down normally there is the on screen confirmation.

Your problem sounds similar to going to the auto mechanic, you never can seem to get your car to make that strange noise in the shop.

The guys and gals at the store are usually pretty useless at hardware issues, they will do their battery in and out trick and if that does not work they will ship it out for service. However, these people are primarily salesmen, not technicians, so don't expect much.

You could additionally try calling the service number. They do have a more in depth service department, but it focuses more on software, hard to diagnosis hardware issues over the phone. However they might be able to find a software glitch if you have one.
    01-23-2011 08:48 AM
    i never expect anything from print except to be taken for a ride.
    01-23-2011 09:30 AM
    Sounds link you might have a software conflict have you loaded any new programs to your shift?

Dave
    01-23-2011 09:46 AM
    just super task killer, beat the traffic and thats it. i got rid of the task killer because i decided to not be lazy and kill things the long way, but that wasn't the problem. and the traffic app has nothing really to do with system files. idk its annoying, but it doesn't make me angry enough to take it in yet. maybe if it progresses and gets worse or more frequent. i would just hate for them to suggest a factory reset or a new device, i like the one i have now, its customized to my taste lol.
    01-23-2011 09:53 AM
    For sure quit the task killing you are just making things worse let Android systems handle the tasks it was designed to handle apps and doesn't need any help doing so. Try this for a whilst and see it solve the problem.

Hope that helps
    Dave
    melficersx likes this.
    01-23-2011 09:58 AM
    From an IT perspective I would say remove the traffic app as well to see if things get better. I know out doesn't interact with the system files, but it is something that was not originally on the phone and could have altered something during installation. That is to assume that the problem is software related and not a bettery problem as stated.

Since you don't have much on it, you could also try a factory reset to see if that clears it up.
    01-23-2011 10:14 AM
    I will try that as well. But I'm going to try and avoid a factory reset for as long as I can.
    01-23-2011 11:18 AM
    Factory reset will fix it.
    01-23-2011 03:20 PM