tethering?

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
You could just root the phone and download a wifi tether file on Google and use astro file manager to install it there is easy ways to do this to like most Evo roms have this incorporated in it not to sure if the shift has any yet but most likely it would just Google the wifi tether file

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try Google Also

If you just "Google" something like "tethering Android cell phones" you'll get all kinds of helpful info and sources for apps that tether a "stock"/unrooted phone.

Seems like the "PDAnet" looks the best to me-also the most expensive at a one time charge of $30.00.

Hope that helps!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Easiest free way to tether is to temp root your shift then install wireless tether from the Android Market. It works great I use it. There is a sticky at the top of this forum with root instructions.

Hope that helps,
Dave

cutlassracer

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I thought I'd slip this question in as I don't want to start a new thread. I'm assuming you can tether a PS3. Anyone have any idea how much data online gaming uses? Play Gran Turismo 5 and would really love to tell our cable company to cram it. Not wanting to send up red flags at Sprint.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want to tether your ps3 you can but I have used my old htc hero with PDA net or wifi tether hack ether or will do but I only use comcast for cable no phone or internet I use my laptop/ cell/ house phone Evo lol for everything when I had my laptop I used it allllllloooooooot :)

and downloaded Mega rom files and watched full length movies hours at a time an never had one flag at all and my cellphone bill was $69.99 and my spending limit was $150 so I could only go to that amount if anything they would shut me off an I never had a call or text or anything.

I would ditch them on the internet thing but of course if you have a crappy signal then you speeds will be slow I used the 3g hack and I'm downloading and watching YouTube videos faster then ever you should take a look it sets your 3g signal to what it should have been set to good luck

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze