Factory reset question

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If i were to perform a factory reset on my device, is there a way to backup or save all my current apps so i dont have to go throught the hassle of searching the market for 20+ apps to download? I want to pretty much reset my shift and then poom! Easily put my apps back into my phone, or am i just dreaming of simple yet impossible things?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can use an app like Mybackup. The Google market automatically saves your apps to your Google account. After the reset you will be asked to sign in with the Google account you registered with the phone. When you open the market your apps will still be there. Just the list of them, not installed. You will have to install each one again. If you need licence keys the apps developer will email them to you. Otherwise check out Mybackup or if you're rooted.... Titanium Backup.

Reactions: melficersx

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Awesome!!!! If there is a list of what i have that makes it sooo much easier. I will also chek out mybackup to pretty much do both procceses. Thanks mr. Wizard :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Awesome!!!! If there is a list of what i have that makes it sooo much easier. I will also chek out mybackup to pretty much do both procceses. Thanks mr. Wizard :)

Oh by the way... if youre doing a factory reset, your Google account will only remember your purchased apps. You may want to write down your free apps.

Info on Mybackup from appbrain: MyBackup Pro - Android app on AppBrain

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
...also, you can use Appbrain from the market. Which give you other features as well. Install appbrain from market, sign in with your Google account then sync all apps. After performing a reset of the device - reinstall appbrain from market, login to your account and install apps manually. Sorry! There are no automatic syncing with this app either, but it work great.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
@cyber warrior -lamez! I was hoping that all apps would be there not just the purchased ones. I did do the mybackup one like you suggested so all of my .apk's have been sent to my sd card yay!

@rushrl - with appbrain, will all of my apps be listed in my account or only the purchased ones?