I wake up a lot during the night and usually go back to sleep. But if I wake up a little bit before my alarm (on the shift) i just stay up and go about my day, usually forgetting to turn off the alarm.

Now this has happened to me twice so far: I'll be up texting before my alarm goes off, and I'll get a text literally right before the alarm goes off. This causes both notifications to chime, and handcent to give me the popup message, but the slider thing to turn off the alarm chime never shows up. The alarm chime and vibrate just goes on forever. Even turning off all alarms doesnt work. So far, the only thing that has worked for me has been to take out the battery (and then the sturdy battery door cover that i love so much over my old blackberry becomes a curse instead of a blessing).

My roommate hates this too. Anyone know any other way to fix this?
    01-30-2011 06:18 AM
    Well I don't have Evo shift but so you saying you never see the snooze button? Why do you have to pull the battery? Why can't you restart? Or does the phone become unresponsive and screen go off?

Did you try to counter it by setting up another alarm even? Or deleting the current alarm policy? Could be bug that's all but see if you can work around it by countering it with another event.

Sent from my HTC Glacier via WiFi
    01-30-2011 06:52 AM
    Well I don't have Evo shift but so you saying you never see the snooze button? Why do you have to pull the battery? Why can't you restart? Or does the phone become unresponsive and screen go off?

Did you try to counter it by setting up another alarm even? Or deleting the current alarm policy? Could be bug that's all but see if you can work around it by countering it with another event.

Sent from my HTC Glacier via WiFi
    yea no snooze possible. the phone is responsive but the alarm chime stays. deleting the alarm policy doesnt work. i suppose i could restart it. i dont know why i didnt think of that. but your idea about countering with a different event might actually work. i'll try it next time. its a little hard to reproduce. hopefully theres another way though...
    01-30-2011 06:59 AM
    I wake up a lot during the night and usually go back to sleep. But if I wake up a little bit before my alarm (on the shift) i just stay up and go about my day, usually forgetting to turn off the alarm.

Now this has happened to me twice so far: I'll be up texting before my alarm goes off, and I'll get a text literally right before the alarm goes off. This causes both notifications to chime, and handcent to give me the popup message, but the slider thing to turn off the alarm chime never shows up. The alarm chime and vibrate just goes on forever. Even turning off all alarms doesnt work. So far, the only thing that has worked for me has been to take out the battery (and then the sturdy battery door cover that i love so much over my old blackberry becomes a curse instead of a blessing).

My roommate hates this too. Anyone know any other way to fix this?
    I had this happen to me once as well. I *think* I tried setting a different alarm time but it didn't work. Maybe I just tried to uncheck that alarm. I don't remember details. I finally turned it off and back on to fix it.
    01-30-2011 08:15 AM
    just had this happen to me for the first time this morning...i was able to turn it off by setting another alarm a min later and then dismissing that....i did get some texts over the night (i use handcent) and was only reading them from the pop up notification when it happened....tried to replicate it again by sending myself a text and setting a new alarm but wasnt able to so im still not 100% whats causing this...a friend at work has an OG evo and he said he had the same problem as well before so im thinking its probably a sense thing and some weird combination of checking/getting texts before the alarm goes off
    02-01-2011 09:00 PM
    Sorry guys but this is a known issue with Handset sms. It has been discussed before in the OG EVO forums. You have 2 choices reset the phone when it happened which isn't very often or stop using Handcent. If you guys want to read the original thread let me know and I will try to find a link.

Sorry,
    Dave
    02-01-2011 09:17 PM
    Sorry guys but this is a known issue with Handset sms. It has been discussed before in the OG EVO forums. You have 2 choices reset the phone when it happened which isn't very often or stop using Handcent. If you guys want to read the original thread let me know and I will try to find a link.

Sorry,
    Dave
    This has happened to me and I do not have Handcent. I've been using the stock text app since day 1.
    02-01-2011 09:26 PM
    yea my friend at work who had the same problem has only been using stock messenger app as well....i use audio manager widget which allows me to turn the volume of the alarm down so at the very least its not blaring while im waiting for the next alarm to go off which allows me to finally get it to stop lol...again it only seems to happen once in a blue through a strange set of circumstances so its not the biggest problem but def annoying when it happens
    02-02-2011 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD