08-08-2011 11:49 AM
33 12
tools
    I'm liking the Shift but was hoping there would be a charging dock for it. Those of you who are in the know; do you think we will ever got a dock; something like the one for the EVO or Epic? I'm coming from a Pre and the Touchstone was nice; the phone was my desk clock and I'm missing it.
    01-31-2011 07:27 PM
    I know Seido has said they have no plans for one
    01-31-2011 11:44 PM
    Would something like this work?

Cradle Sync Dock Desktop Charger For HTC myTouch 4G HD - eBay (item 310291983391 end time Feb-01-11 07:33:59 PST)

Seems close enough that it may work. Some hacking may be required...
    02-01-2011 08:07 AM
    I sure do hope some dock comes out or at least there is a dock that works cause I LOVE docks. Great for charging the phone at night and maybe watching a movie and great for at work with a bluetooth keyboard. As long as the shift fits and its micro usb interface the dock will work.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    02-01-2011 09:07 AM
    There's this...

A little campy, but fun. At the end of the article, it shows how this doubles as a stand!
    02-01-2011 09:34 AM
    Same here, really missing my Touchstone.
    02-01-2011 12:58 PM
    Would something like this work?

Cradle Sync Dock Desktop Charger For HTC myTouch 4G HD - eBay (item 310291983391 end time Feb-01-11 07:33:59 PST)

Seems close enough that it may work. Some hacking may be required...

Ya, I think something like what you posted could work. I was thinking it would "have" to be something made for the Shift but I guess as long as the usb port's the same it would be OK. I would still like something that could slip into the cradle so I don't have to match the plug and the port when I plug it in. I'm also waiting for someone like PowerMat to come up with a back panel charger. I know the phone has only been out a couple of weeks but I gotta accessorize!
    02-01-2011 06:34 PM
    Ok gang;

I've been searching most everyday for a cradle/dock for the Shift; one has finally showed up and it's available here on AC. I've got one ordered; it's supposed to arrive Wednesday, April 27. I'll post back with a review when I get it.

http://store.androidcentral.com/mobi...5A100A8223.htm
    04-23-2011 09:38 AM
    Since the micro USB port is on the side, it would have to be a specific dock. So, I just use the original cable and set my Evo Shift in a business card holder which makes it stand up nice and tall. The one I have below also doubles as my iPad holder in landscape mode of course.

Rubbermaid Plastic Business Card Holder is 99 cents at most places, but I found it for 39 cents in my local Navy Exchange.
    04-23-2011 08:10 PM
    Ok gang;

I've been searching most everyday for a cradle/dock for the Shift; one has finally showed up and it's available here on AC. I've got one ordered; it's supposed to arrive Wednesday, April 27. I'll post back with a review when I get it.

http://store.androidcentral.com/mobi...5A100A8223.htm
    Nice find! Finally. I ordered one too. I need something at work and home. I'll get another if I like it enough. Thanks.
    04-24-2011 02:24 PM
    It's coming if you can wait for Seidio....seidioonline.com
    04-26-2011 03:34 AM
    I know Seido has said they have no plans for one
    Seidio has it listed on their site under the Shift 4G category as "coming soon." MSRP listed at $34.95

seidioonline.com
    04-26-2011 03:37 AM
    OK, great. I'm thinking Seidio is the dock to have; wouldn't you know it comes up after I've ordered the Mobi. One thing that I think about the Seidio; I don't think the shift will go to landscape mode when the sliders closed. So if you want the screen on while charging, then it won't be in the proper orientation. At least with the Mobi (that's upright) the screen will display with the right orientation.

Back to the Mobi (that's due at my house tomorrow) I'm thinking it just looks like a cord with a USB plug that we'll have to pick up and stick in. With the Seidio, it looks like what I was hoping for in a dock that it will be easy to "drop" the phone onto the plug and go from there. I'll see what comes in the box tomorrow; I assume that if I hate the Mobi Android Central will let me return it, right?
    04-26-2011 05:50 PM
    Mobi cradle arrived today. Sorry to say that my Shift with a Seidio Surface case won't fit in the slot. Guess I just did not think of that being a problem. Also, as I feared, you have to sit the phone in the slot then plug in the cable. I think I am going to return this and wait for the Seidio cradle.
    04-27-2011 07:10 PM
    I got mine yesterday too (Mobi) and started using it today at work. Just a few bits of info since there were no instructions etc.

The cradle has a standard USB cable fixed to it and came with a separate wall charger brick that has a standard mini USB end (not a micro usb like the phone takes) The back of the cradle has a female mini usb opening next to where the USB cord comes out. The standard USB that is fixed to the cradle only charges the phone and of course will connect data wise if you plug it into your PC. The mini USB that you have the wall charger for is strictly to charge the extra battery slot that sits behind the phone. That you are supposed to plug into the back of the charger. While I do have an extra battery, swapping batteries is such a PITA I don't plan on using that. I have a wall adapter for the USB cable that's fixed to the cradle can plug into, that's the way I have the cradle hooked up. Plugged into the wall adapter that I already own from my Palm Pilot. I found out that if I try to use my back up app while the phone is plugged into the PC I get an error. So I like using the wall adapter option better. There is a blue light on the right side behind the phone that comes on when you are charging the phone (facing up, nicely hidden flush with the plastic holder) and if you are charging a spare battery, there is a red light on the left also facing up more of an led dome on the surface.

The cradle itself is just okay, the phone sits a little to upright for my liking and of course you need to plug the small cable in from the side. Kind of a pain but I'll be keeping this one at work. I'll get the Seidio for home when it comes out. I'm using a Zagg shield on mine so it fits fine.
    04-29-2011 02:37 PM
    Came across this today, thought folks might be interested:

USB Battery Charger Dock PC Cradle For HTC Evo Shift 4G | eBay

I'll be getting one of these if I can get my hands on a Shift for the right price.
    05-06-2011 03:12 PM
    Wow that looks exactly like the one I have now down to the wall charger shape. The exception is it lets the phone sit on it's side which is nice.

I like the price but I'm going to wait for the seido because I don't need the spot for the extra battery. That will only take up space on the nightstand.

Nice find though.
    05-06-2011 03:44 PM
    http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-crdhtshf.htm

Still under developement, but I plan on getting one when it releases.

05-09-2011 02:55 PM
    i agree
    05-11-2011 08:37 PM
    Check this out...
    HTC EVO Shift 4G USB Sync and 2nd Battery Charge Cradle

It seems like a good cradle with spare battery charger.
    05-13-2011 10:12 PM
    OK, great. I'm thinking Seidio is the dock to have; wouldn't you know it comes up after I've ordered the Mobi. One thing that I think about the Seidio; I don't think the shift will go to landscape mode when the sliders closed. So if you want the screen on while charging, then it won't be in the proper orientation. At least with the Mobi (that's upright) the screen will display with the right orientation.

Back to the Mobi (that's due at my house tomorrow) I'm thinking it just looks like a cord with a USB plug that we'll have to pick up and stick in. With the Seidio, it looks like what I was hoping for in a dock that it will be easy to "drop" the phone onto the plug and go from there. I'll see what comes in the box tomorrow; I assume that if I hate the Mobi Android Central will let me return it, right?
    True, when at the home screen the evo shift does not automatically switch to landscape. I don't see any specific settings to force it into landscape, but I am running stock non-rooted htc evo shift. Maybe the rooted phones with other roms have other options.
    05-13-2011 10:33 PM
    Maybe one of the dock applications will work. Ill test out the one I used to use.

05-15-2011 06:22 PM
    There is one offered by iGoneMobile.com. Has anyone had any experience with it? Meanwhile, Seidio keeps saying "coming soon" for the one they're offering.
    05-18-2011 05:30 PM
    I'm liking the Shift but was hoping there would be a charging dock for it. Those of you who are in the know; do you think we will ever got a dock; something like the one for the EVO or Epic? I'm coming from a Pre and the Touchstone was nice; the phone was my desk clock and I'm missing it.
    I found a very nice little bracket-style cradle on eBay for under $3, that allows you to set your phone upright AND on it's side (for viewing a movie or reading an ebook). It'll actually work with most phones, not just the Shift. And it folds up for easy transport. I just ordered one to check it out. What the hell...for $2.59, including shipping, it's worth the pittance.
    05-21-2011 11:31 PM
    The dock from Siedo is now available and costs $29.95.
    seidioonline.com

I'm curious as to how the secure the phone is when it's in the dock. I'd like to try to mount something like this to my dashboard for GPS, music, etc.
    05-24-2011 04:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD