I've been having this problem since i've bought the phone and it's been a full two weeks and i can't seems to find the solution. Before anything, i have change the notifications settings on the phone and on handcent sms but i still have this issue. and it pisses me off!!

Could it be because if the application i'm using for my messeges? I would appreciate any help you could give me
    02-08-2011 11:41 AM
    I would say remove the app and see if it continues, that would be the easiest way to check
    02-08-2011 12:13 PM
    Mine got stuck on vibrate once. I don;t remember exactly what I was doing though. I was messing around with some vibrate settings and accidentally turned the screen off at the same time or something I would never normally do.

But yeah, like the above person said if you can reproduce the bug easily I would remove an app at a time until the problem stops then re-download the app and see if it acts up again. Then you can leave feedback for the developer of the problem and it will probably get fixed if it is a popular, well supported app.
    02-08-2011 12:46 PM
    Check to see if you have vibrate check in message - settings.
    02-08-2011 01:04 PM
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...r-buttons.html

Review this thread. If this is how you came about to having your current problem then hooray! I showed you what to do. It seems like a random glitch on some of the shifts though, so you could trade it in as a software/ hardware problem and not get charged for it.
    02-08-2011 01:10 PM
    It could be that /\/\ or if you are using a phone case that covers the prox censer this will cause the Shift to vibrate and play the ringer on loud because it thinks the phone is in your pocket or purse check out the link in this post

http://forum.androidcentral.com/586358-post2.html

this is a feature of Sense
    02-08-2011 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD