Recently purchased an EVO shift and am attempting to get full functionality in my 2010 Ford with their Sync system. One of the current 'irks' is that the directory is not working cleanly.. it does not seem to recognize names as cleanly as previously BB. Gives me 'mis-dials' that I then have to urgently hangup on.. Anyone else having the issues.. or resolved them?
    02-08-2011 04:19 PM
    Recently purchased an EVO shift and am attempting to get full functionality in my 2010 Ford with their Sync system. One of the current 'irks' is that the directory is not working cleanly.. it does not seem to recognize names as cleanly as previously BB. Gives me 'mis-dials' that I then have to urgently hangup on.. Anyone else having the issues.. or resolved them?
    Dunno'...Mine works fine in both my wife's 07 Edge, and in my 09 F250. Both of them have Sync. My Evo works a lot better than my Hero did, and that's for damn sure.

Oops...I'm in the shift forum...sorry.
    02-08-2011 04:38 PM
    Still learning about Android, but know a little bit about Sync. Make sure all of your contacts are entered in the format with the first letter capped with the rest in lower case(for both names) ie, John Smith vs john smith or JOHN SMITH.

Hope that helps.
    02-09-2011 08:32 AM
    Thanks.. that might fix most.. the transfer of names/numbers from old phone was probably some of the problem.
    02-11-2011 02:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I know that I need to review my phonebook because I haven't entered names consistently but even when I am prompted to verify the name it gets it wrong! Also, when I select "text" I get the message "unsupported" anyone know why?
    02-13-2011 10:26 PM
    Not all functions are available with all devices, ie, certain phones can use all features and some just make calls.
    02-14-2011 08:16 AM
    its a ford thats they 1st problem lol sorry i am a chevy guy and i have no issues for it working with the bluetooth in my chevy traverse.
    02-14-2011 03:34 PM
    I figured I would push this back to the top because I didn't see any other similar threads.

I also just switched to an EVO Shift and have Ford SYNC in my car. I noticed it has more trouble with contacts than it did with my BlackBerry too. I realized you have to say the last name first if you have the first and last name in the contact book which is really annoying. Maybe this is just because I had my contacts migrated from my BB to my Shift? Does anyone know if this is why and if it can be fixed?

Also no text functionality. I realize only some phones work with it, but this is Android OS we're talking about! If it doesn't work with that, what does it work with? Is there any chance this will eventually be supported by SYNC? Does anyone know how often they update?

Thanks for any help!
    04-29-2011 08:41 AM
    05-06-2011 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD