Typing Letter "L" on physical keyboard types "jol"

raven4mi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had my EVO Shift for a whopping five days now and while I LOVE the phone, just yesterday I started having a problem when typing using the physical keyboard. Whenever I type the letter "L", it types the letter string "jol" and opens the search bar.

Has anyone else run into this? The reason I went with the shift in the first place was for the physical keyboard (I HATE using the touch version) and this essentially makes it un-usable - kinda difficult not to type using the letter "L". Heh.

Thanks, all!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
No problems with my L sounds to me like you have a defective shift. I would take it back I had a problem with my first one but my second one is working fine.

hmmm

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
If you go under Settings>Language and Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input and look under Hardware Keyboard do you have prediction or spell correction enabled? I do not and don't have the issue. Then if you go back one screen and look under the personal dictionary do you for some reason have the word "jol" saved for whatever reason? You can just delete it if you do in this screen.

Maybe one of these things would help you otherwise I would take it in and get it replaced.

raven4mi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for the suggestions. Prediction was not enabled for the Hardware, nor is there anything in my dictionary. Sounds like a trip to the Sprint store is on the agenda.

Thank you!

raven4mi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Updating in case anyone else runs into this, I did end up taking the phone back to the store. The employees tried their standards of removing the battery and doing a factory reset but neither solved the problem. They gave me a new phone. I've only had it for a few hours now but so far so good. If it happens again I'll update the thread but I'm guessing that since this happens so rarely that it was simply a fluke and a matter of a small amount of bad luck on my part.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary